White Discharge on a Male
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Discharge on a Male

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhite Discharge on a Male

I do have a vet apt early next week and I did a search on the forum but found nothing so here goes:

A handful of times I noticed Rocky leaked (clear urine) a few drops. Generally I see it on his leg or on his penis. This week I noticed abit of white (not clear) liquid coming out of his penis. Again this evening.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Few other things I have noticed: his breath is stinky, particularly in the morning. It is a distinctly different smell than usual.

Just a note - he has been diagnosed for Giardia and we are starting treatment.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: White Discharge on a Male

The white discharge is man goo, perfectly normal for males.

As for his breath, check his teeth.

seriously? I was afraid to ask as that might be the answer haha.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yup, we have been there.. i freaked and said what is this we were in the car going on a trip... but it is normal for males...

labby is offline Senior Member

Laura

Could he be licking it? You said its in the mornings. I know the male yorkie I was watching last summer would lick himself (though his owner refuses to have him fixed).

LOL! ironically I know what smegma is but didn't even think of that.
    Thanks everyone!

Should I go to the vet for a wee bit of leaking? or wait and see? No issues with going to the vet but I was just there and I don't want to be one of those people who go every week.

If you're concerned, just run a urine sample by the vet - they usually don't charge an office visit for that, just the cost of the test. At least you'd be sure it's not the beginning of a bladder infection. When Jes had one, it started off as occasional leaking and got progressively worse (not saying that's what this is, but it's an easy thing to rule out).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    If you're concerned, just run a urine sample by the vet - they usually don't charge an office visit for that, just the cost of the test. At least you'd be sure it's not the beginning of a bladder infection. When Jes had one, it started off as occasional leaking and got progressively worse (not saying that's what this is, but it's an easy thing to rule out).

When I called they said the prefer to get a "clean" urine sample directly (I was hoping to drop off a sample as you suggested). The vet tech said I HAD to see a vet for that : of course it's harder to see a vet (booked farther in advance) and it's twice as much to say "hello" to a vet.

I'll try to get a clean sample to them and ask to have it tested rather than pay for a vet visit. It'll be some peace of mind AND a way to save some money. This is what I do with stool samples now, just drop them off and then they can tell me if there is anything wrong and I just pick up the meds. Saves money (they charge more for all their testing anyway, as they are downtown).

Thank you

Thanks for this post. My male was also having the same issue and I wondered about a bladder infection. The vet wasn't worried about it, but since we're thinking about surgery for his elbow displasia, I have to drop off a urine sample next week. They funny thing is, I'm going to take him to work for the day and try to get the sample there since the vet is right down the road. My coworkers have already asked if they can get tickets to watch me try to get a urine sample at work... :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast