2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: flea/tick treatments

Frontline plus
    Kim

Frontline Plus- been using it for years and never a problem!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

thanks, is it a pill or topical
    treatment ?
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

ThatsMyGirl Guest

You only need the PLUS in Frontline if fleas are an issue, otherwise you can just use Frontline Topspot. (The extra ingredient in the Plus kills flea eggs and larvae). Fleas aren't an issue for us, but ticks are. I use K9 Advantix or Frontline. Both are applied topically -- you either put it between the shoulder blades (that's Frontline) or down their spine in several places (that's K9 Advantix). If you only have fleas -- and no tick issues -- you can go much longer between treatments. If ticks are the issue, then you need to reapply monthly.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Frontline for us. I used to do it every 3 months as recommended but now I only do it two or three times a year.

I use k9 advantix every 45 days aprilish through octoberish.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMyGirl
    You only need the PLUS in Frontline if fleas are an issue, otherwise you can just use Frontline Topspot. (The extra ingredient in the Plus kills flea eggs and larvae). Fleas aren't an issue for us, but ticks are. I use K9 Advantix or Frontline. Both are applied topically -- you either put it between the shoulder blades (that's Frontline) or down their spine in several places (that's K9 Advantix). If you only have fleas -- and no tick issues -- you can go much longer between treatments. If ticks are the issue, then you need to reapply monthly.
    thank you! I just found this out a few days ago.....

I'll be using the topspot, but what I dont get is how offten do you use it? they sell a 3,6,12 pack. Does 1 pack= 1 month uses?!?!

Also is this the best price?
    http://www.1800petmeds.com/pselect.a...e%20Top%20Spot

3 pack $39.99
    6 pack $74.99
    12 pack $144.98

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Serg4u

I'll be using the topspot, but what I dont get is how offten do you use it? they sell a 3,6,12 pack. Does 1 pack= 1 month uses?!?!

3 pack $39.99
    6 pack $74.99
    12 pack $144.98
    What are you trying to protect from -- fleas or ticks or both? Try here for better prices: www.entirelypets.com

If you just have flea issues, Frontline should protect for up to 3 months. As I said before, the protection will only last about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg4u

3 pack $39.99
    6 pack $74.99
    12 pack $144.98
    What are you trying to protect from -- fleas or ticks or both? Try here for better prices: www.entirelypets.com

If you just have flea issues, Frontline should protect for up to 3 months. As I said before, the protection will only last about a month.
    Just protection from fleas...ticks aren't an issue here.

thanks!

I'll be ordering it from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast