My choco lab is having surgery tomorrow for a small lump that we found in the webbing of her rear left toes. The vet says that anything in the feet MUST be removed so that the toe can be saved. She is the one with all the mast cell tumor history.
My older lab(11 3/4) is having two small lumps aspirated as well tomorrow on her leg & foot.
We were talking tonight as what we will do if she has something that needs to be removed. She is so lumpy all over her with lipomas and she has so many lumps now that we don't really know if we should put her through a surgery or not. The vet says that she is strong but how do we know that something else isn't going on and we are putting her through something when something else could also be going on elsewhere. This dogs mother lived to be 14 so I really want to do what is best but don't want to cause her more grief either if something was to go wrong. I know that I am never going to know and just have to make a decision I guess when we find out the outcome of her aspiration.
So tomorrow is going to be a stressful day in our house.
The dogs won't be too happy in the morning as they can't have breakfast.
Sending good healing thoughts your way - let us know how it goes! BEST LUCK!
Hope surgeries/aspirations go well today and you get good news!
Tough decision. I hope both procedures go well keep us updated.
Thanks for your good wishes for my two labs.
They are home now. The one that had the surgery is resting quietly. She had four lumps removed but the foot/toe one was the only one that the vet was really concerned about. But with her history, every spot/lump comes off of her. The older one that had the aspiration is mad. She is mad that she didn't get her breakfast and mad that she was left there. I am getting the cold shoulder from her. I am not worried, she will come around by tonight.
We should find out the results by Monday at the latest.
Hope everything is ok. Thanks again.