Worried about a lethargic puppy who was recently boarded...

Thread: Worried about a lethargic puppy who was recently boarded...

DefaultWorried about a lethargic puppy who was recently boarded...

Hi. We're new lab puppy owners who purchased a beautiful, black, female lab who's now about 4 months old--Miss Sammy. We boarded her for a full week at her breeder (www.labpups.com) and since we brought her home on Saturday she has been extremely lethargic--with an exceptional amount of "eye goo" which is now greenish. She's also had two loose stools today (was normal Sat and Sun.)

Her behavior has been noticably different from the dog we dropped off. First, I was convinced we had traumatized her. Then, we decided she was simply calm because she had been with so many other, sweet/calm labs. With the green eye goo came "it must be allergies." With the loose stools came "she must have gotten into something." Put it all together though I am quite worried.

I just called a vet tech who suggests we bring her in tomorrow AM as it's after normal business hours. We've never boarded a dog--are there common illness' she might have picked up? Are these symptons a sign of a common illness I'm not aware of?

Any advice at all to these new, worried, parents would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

since my post: she did play with the neighbors dog (seemed more than fine) but then had to be gajoled into eating her dinner. Her uninterest in her food, of course, has heigtened my worry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

DefaultRe: Worried about a lethargic puppy who was recently boarded...

I would recommend a vet visit. I'm sorry but I also have to say that labpups.com is not a "breeder" - it's a puppy mill. I would be worried about the health of your puppy.

We just got back from the vet. Miss Sammy has conjunctivitus in her eyes and is running a fever--vet is guessing the stress of the board, change in schedule, etc. We're on lots of meds and with rest we believe she'll be fine in a few days.

It's so stressful being new parents.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hope she feels better soon!

Hi,

I was just wondering how you knew "labpups" was a puppy mill? I didn't get my dog from there, but I was just wondering how you knew.