Changing Food.....

Thread: Changing Food.....

DefaultChanging Food.....

I have been feeding my boys Eukanuba Lamb and Rice and have been wanting to switch them since they have been on it for awhile... any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Changing Food.....

Why do you want to switch? are they having problems? or are you looking for a more natural alternative to Eukanuba?

My Copper had a mast cell tumor last year and i felt another lump the other night and we are having surgery next week... i am concerned it may be the food I have heard that others who have had mast cell tumors used this food... so i am nervous.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Look into Solid Gold food - holistic/all natural, people grade ingredients.

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

just curious, where can you buy that? at petsmart? or do you have to purchase it online?
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

We have been contemplating changing Baylee's food for weeks. We heard Susan Thixton on a talk radio show & she opened our eyes to all the yucky stuff found in most pet foods. Then came the recall....Any suggestions? I looked into Nutro Natural Choice (lamb & rice) I'm also willing to go homemade. How much do I feed my dog homemade? She's 50 lbs. I read some posts about raw but I need to look into that some more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

My Copper had a mast cell tumor last year and i felt another lump the other night and we are having surgery next week... i am concerned it may be the food I have heard that others who have had mast cell tumors used this food... so i am nervous.
    I know they are not the same but you might want to look into cancer diets for dogs. I know people have had success feeding raw or homecooked in similar circumstances. If both of those are a no-go option, you should look into a high quality no grain kibble.

Grain free dog foods:

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=grain_free

How much do I feed my dog homemade?
    Post some questions in the raw diet/natural feeding section. Many will be happy to help.