Sores / Hot Spots on Body????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sores / Hot Spots on Body????

Shelby and Emma is offline Junior Member

DefaultSores / Hot Spots on Body????

Hello all, I have been a memeber sometime, but forgot my old password and I no longer have the email address tied to my old name. So here's my question...

I have noticed with my younger yellow lab that she has sores on her body under her hair. I took her to the vet friday because I was concerned it was Ring Worm but my vet said he thought it was just a sore.

I'm wondering what can be done for this, my vet told me just to keep an eye on it but when I get home I realized that she has 2 or 3 more in additional places. My guess is that it must be some sort of allergic reation.

My wife and I just moved to a new house so I'm wondering if it is 1. something in the house or 2. The dog food she is eating (I switched to Science Diet & I already know she is allergic to Sulfur).

I'm guessing it's probably her food, but I'm not sure. If anyone has any suggestions or has ever dealt with this let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sores / Hot Spots on Body????

Did the vet say they were hot spots?

Hot spots can occur for many reasons...unhealthy skin and/or small scratches which allow bacteria to enter, allergies, insect bites, poor diet, etc.

Here are a couple of links that are worth reading.

http://www.labradorwell.com/Hotspots.html

http://lowchensaustralia.com/health/pyoderma.htm

This link contains graphic photos so be forewarned.

http://www.vetinfo.com/dppyoderm.html

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

In the past we believe that my younger lab is allergic to Sulfur, has anyone had any issues with Science Diet and being allergic to Sulfur?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

So my Pup is still getting worse. I have since taken her to the vet 2 times and he says that he's "not sure" what it is. So I called the vet again today, and asked to see one of the other Dr.'s up there since I'm so annoyed. My pup now probably has 50 spots on her and her hair around the spots is starting to fall out.

I swear if it was the VETS fault for not putting her on medication for an allergy and her hair is messed up forever I'm gonna be PISSED I MEAN REALLY PISSED!

Why won't he run some tests, do some bloodwork, find out what's wrong with her!!!

I just watched her scartch her head, and then all of a sudden she had a new red open sore on her head.

I say 50 spots, there's probably more than that under her skin. Please any advice would be appreciated!!!!!

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

Why do you think she is allergic to sulfur?
    <br />Oregon

Back in the day my vet gave her a shot for something (don't remember) & that night all she did was run around the house and try to dig through the floor (carpet). Woke up the next morning and her face was all swollen & eyes dialted (Sp?).

So they assumed that's what the allergy was from!

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

I think you need to find a new vet.
    <br />Oregon

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

I agree with Kiddsmom I would look for a new Vet sooner rather than later.

I went back to the same Vet, but asked for the BIG DOG (Owner) to see my pup this time. He came in looked at her, took off one of the scabs and looked at it under the microscope. He said it looked like some sort of skin bacteria infection. So she finally got a shot and some antibotics, and hopefully she will get better her soon.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I would still get a second opinion from another vet's office, just to be on the safe side.

BTW, I hope the shot does the trick, but I wouldn't use your old vet anymore.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast