Any changes to Kirkland L&R formulations?

Thread: Any changes to Kirkland L&R formulations?

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultAny changes to Kirkland L&R formulations?

Does anyone know if there have been any formulation changes to Kirkland L&R within the last year? My three dogs have been on Kirkland L&R for a few years now, and within the past year or more specifically 6 months, they all have been losing weight. I've been feeding them the same amount and no unusual changes to amount of exercise. They were at the vet today for the yearly check-up. Blood work looks good. I noticed about 3 months ago Reggie started eating poop. Ranger has always had this habit so I didn't think anything of it at the time. We were just discussing if there had been a formulation change.

Jeanne

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Any changes to Kirkland L&R formulations?

I have been feeding the same for a few years now but have not noticed any changes in my boys. Did the vet seem concerned about the weight loss? I have a poop eater as well and altho it grosses me out I have to remember, he is a dog and "sh*t happens".

Well is was noticeable. Reggie lost about 6 lbs and Ranger a little more. That's pretty significant for a dog. I'm upping the amt that they have been eating but was just curious.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

everydog is offline Senior Member

I have two eating this and have noticed nothing different - although we do tend to feed more in the winter months because they seem to burn more calories.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure of when it was but I discovered a change in the Kirkland L&R formulation about a year ago. Up until then, they had no corn, no wheat, and maybe only one or two rice or rice byproducts in the first 10 ingredients.

THEN they began having maybe 3, 4, 5 rice/rice by products?

At that time, I checked the ingredient list on the Kirkland C&R and found far less rice/rice byproducts.

I switched over to their C&R and have been using it ever since.

I think Puff likes it better.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Thanks Bob, (& all). I still not sure what happened. Maybe I should have increased their winter portion more. And I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that all are 7 years or older now. I think I'm going to increase their portions and maybe add a little wet food.

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

It's been 2 years since Kirkland made changes in their food. I feed it and stay on top of it; email with them every few months... they are great about answering your questions right away.
    Did your's stop eating poop over the winter? Woodstock (my little guy) is a poop eater and he always puts on a few pounds when he's eating poop! I started taking him out front away from the other dogs and he lost a few lbs ..... weird, I know!