Squichy ear?

Thread: Squichy ear?

deneen is offline Senior Member

DefaultSquichy ear?

Cuj's ears sound squishy. He's shaking his head pretty roughly too like he's trying to get water out. He has chronic ear problems but the rescue gave me a recipe for a powdered version of the "purple stuff" to try they prefer that for Mastiffs and it really seemed to help...now I'm worried the powder clogged up his ears. Any ideas? Poor guy he doesn't seem to be in pain, like normally but he isn't exactly comfortable either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Squichy ear?

You could try 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water in his ears, that should foam up and break up some debris if you think the powder clogged it. I would just check to make sure nothing in the powder will interact badly with the peroxide (maybe clean the ears with water first and cotton balls or mix them together outside the ear canal to see what happens?)

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

TimC. is offline Senior Member

I use the flat cotton pads women use to remove makeup instead of cotton balls. You can get them at most grocery stores in the makeup section.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

alliekate is offline Senior Member

My Springer's ears sound squichy all the time...is the first time you noticed it? I know the ear cleaning stuff that I use from the vet has a drying agent in it too so that can help clear up problems. I don't really have any advice just that is happens to my springer too. Hope you can figure out the problem