Dasuquin - joints
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dasuquin - joints

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

DefaultDasuquin - joints

Another new product for joints...not sure if it has been posted yet, but...

http://www.nutramaxlabs.com/products...quin/index.asp

Anyone try it? only available thru your vet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dasuquin - joints

I looked at their website and cannot find any info on how many mg. of G and C are in each pill. I would want to know that before giving anything to my dog.

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    I looked at their website and cannot find any info on how many mg. of G and C are in each pill. I would want to know that before giving anything to my dog.
    It's probably the same as their Cosequin formulas (although I'd like to know too). They are apparently using their same patented versions of glucosamine and chondroitin, but with something new that I've not heard of (avacado/soybean unsaponifiables).

I may look into that, once I figure out what the ASU does (well, in more detail than is on their website). I have to say, I do trust Nutramaxx since they've put their Cosequin formulas through more rigorous and robust studies than any other supplement that I've seen.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

The office I work for has had very good response with clients on the Dasuquin. A few who were regularly on Cosequin switched and said they saw even further improvements after a month or so. We've had it since December I think ... buzz was that it was the next great thing in joint supplements.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

I've got my girls on it. My orthopedic vet recommended it. We use the Dasuquin with MSM. My dogs have only been on it for a week or so, so it's too soon to say how it's going.

The ingredients are:
    Glucosamine Hydrochloride - 900 mg
    Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) - 800 mg
    Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (low molecular weight) - 350 mg
    Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables (ASU) - 90 mg

BTW, you don't have to get it through your vet, either. I got mine from 1800petmeds.com.

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

yeah, i saw that after, you can get it from many online stores...let us know how it goes?

Quote Originally Posted by yellojakesmom
    The office I work for has had very good response with clients on the Dasuquin. A few who were regularly on Cosequin switched and said they saw even further improvements after a month or so. We've had it since December I think ... buzz was that it was the next great thing in joint supplements.
    That's what I was wondering...I have Jes on Cosequin now. But, although he has hip dysplasia, he doesn't yet have any arthritis so I'm basically giving it as a preventative. As such, I can't tell any differences between any of the supplements because he doesn't have any symptoms when he's not taking anything.

So is the ASU mainly for pain, or does it have some sort of chondro-protective properties?

I don't mean to put you on the spot...I guess that's more of a general question for anyone.

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

To be honest Nick, I'm not completely sure - I'll ask our tech on Tuesday, she keeps up with the drugs more than our vets do.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Nick, the orthopedic vet told me that the ASU is supposed to work synergistically with the glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM - sort of boosting the effectiveness of the other ingredients.

My regular vet told me that there is new evidence now coming out that suggests that supplementing with glucosamine and chondroitin and/or giving Adequan injections is effective in preventing future joint problems. Since there are no ill effects from these drugs (except perhaps on my pocketbook) I'm using them, in the hopes that my dogs will have a more comfortable old age. Both of my dogs are performance dogs, though, and put more stress and strain on their joints than the average pet.

I may give it a try then, thanks for the information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast