rabbit droppongs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rabbit droppongs

jake is offline Junior Member

Defaultrabbit droppongs

i have heard that rabbit and squirrel droppings can be toxic to dogs. can anyone tell me if this is true.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: rabbit droppongs

I don't think so. Bunny droppings are a (disgusting) favorite of my Belle. After all, they DO look like kibble! I don't know if they can pick any parasites up from the droppings, but they are not toxic.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

jake is offline Junior Member

DefaultRe: rabbit droppings

thank you...but i would like to know a positive yes or no on this as we live in an area that is inundated with both rabbits and squirrels (reds and greys). guess i can always check with my vet also...just thought maybe some member(s) had experience with this.
    thanks again!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I would vote no because Cinder is like a hoover in our yard sucking up the rabbit poop. Seriously. And she's made it to 3 on a daily dose, and we have a lot of rabbits in our yard. (Although not as many since she started being able to catch them on occasion ;D) That being said, I don't know what the answer would be if you had a rabbit that had a disease. Let us know what the vet says.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Nope...not toxic. My dogs hoover it up as well.

When you consider a rabbits bland diet the poop might actually be quite nutritious!

georgie is offline Senior Member

I doubt it. My girls have been known to dine on rabbit droppings & also their all time favorite...deer poop!!

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    I doubt it. My girls have been known to dine on rabbit droppings & also their all time favorite...deer poop!!
    Ahhh yes, deer poop, my kids seem to prefer the log style, leaves a greener tongue and between the teeth snacks for later. Of course the all time favorite of Belle is Opposum poop. I can smell that 20 yards away, and is one of the few things in this world that will make ME toss cookies...that and vultures vomiting from about 6 feet above my head and it landing at my feet...but that's another story!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

lilydarling is offline Member

I don't know anything about squirrel poop, but I know bunny poop is the only poop that you can use directly on plants in your garden, without having to compost it first. My dog is always eating my bunny's poop (and bunny's hay that finds it's way out of the cage), and never suffered any ill effects.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    Oooo- Caleb's two favorite "nature" snacks. He can't go out the door without running over to the rabbit cage and looking for "escapees" from the pan. He's so obsessed with deer droppings that he was able to find them beneath the ice & snow in the back yard yesterday.

imported_Aim is offline Senior Member

I don't think so. Rabbits eat their own droppings, as gross as it is. Also- it's mostly fiber, since they eat a lot of hay/grass...

Tucker will sometimes find a dropping or two near my daughter's rabbits cage and snack on them. lol
    This is my dog. His name is Tucker. And we live in Ontario, Canada, eh! <br /><br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast