UTI Question, for my cousin's darling baby Jada ~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTI Question, for my cousin's darling baby Jada ~

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultUTI Question, for my cousin's darling baby Jada ~

Here's the question:

Jada has a UTI and is on antibiotics. She started the antiobiotcs on Sunday and will finish this Sunday. How many days into the treatment should I see improvement? When will she stop squatting with nothing coming out?

If anyone can let me know what to tell her, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to send her the link to this thread too...Mickey hasn't had one of these yet, so I don't have any experience to draw on.

Thanks in advance ~
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: UTI Question, for my cousin's darling baby Jada ~

Only had one experience but she was better within a day or two. When I say better, I mean there were NO symptoms.

CHOCOLATA is offline Senior Member

I would do some research on cranberry tablets or unsweetened cranberry juice. I know it helps humans, and heard that it could help dogs. I have no personal experience, so I would ask around.
    <br /><br />Zlata &amp; Chocolata

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, I've passed the information along. I like that cranberry idea, i swear that prevented ME from having UTIs during my twin pregnancy!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Abby is on Clavamox now for a UTI. She did not have any symptoms until last Sat. when SU noticed thee was blood in her urine. She seems fine now but will still get her puills until Sat. I have been giving her PLain Vanilla Yogurt to keep some good bacteria in her intestines.
    Abby is 13 months old & had just finished her heat. I wondered if wearing a pad & those panties did not contribute to this. Even though I changed them frequently, who knows. The vet didn't know & she did say Abby has an abnormal position & conformation of her vulva. So I hope the heat helps & then she will be spayed in March.

Hrm, yogurt. Worth a shot. Jada was spayed years ago, but there have been some changes in their routines lately, so I wonder if that's thrown things out of whack. I can only imagine how awful it must be for these poor puppers, since they don't even know why it's happening.

CHOCOLATA is offline Senior Member

We also give yogurt; however, I would watch for any flavored yogurts. They usually have high content of sugar; therefore, we give plain organic yogurt.
    <br /><br />Zlata &amp; Chocolata

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

Just a cautionary word, if you give yogurt while on antibiotics, make sure you spread them out...don't give the yogurt for an hour after the antibiotic. I think the dairy can affect the antibiotic, plus they antibiotic will just kill all the probiotics if given at the same time.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I wanted to add that Sami has been on 1 cranberry pill daily since the UTI she had at 5 months of age. She's never had another UTI, although she definitely has an innie vulva, which makes them prone to them. Is the lack of UTIs due to the cranberry? I dunno ... but I'm guessing it didn't hurt. I get hers at Costco (they are gel-caps) and just throw one in her food every morning.

colby is offline Senior Member

I used the cranberry powder made by Solid Gold and sprinkled it on Lily's food when she was younger and had a few UTI's. Solid Gold also makes a urine pH strip and I tested her urine about once a week to see where we were (the strips were quite accurate) She also has an innie vulva and was spade before her first heat, so it will stay an "innie" I read something somewhere about how UTI's can also start from the outside and the bacteria can work to the inside the tract causing the infection so I bought baby wipes and began wiping her at night and in the morning.....she has not had a UTI in 4 years and I stopped the cranberry powder about 3 years ago. We still wipe her. Good Luck.
    Colby
    <br />~Colby &amp; Lily~* <br />Southern Coastal Maine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast