gas

Thread: gas

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Defaultgas

Alright...everybody's favorite topic.

When Gabs was a little puppy( 3 months ish), she had terrible, terrible gas. Like hang your head out of the car gas. Her breeder had fed Iams, so I switched from that Iams to Nutro Ultimate Lamb and Rice LBP. It was definitely better for a while.

Well.. the gas has returned. She is still on the Nutro Ultimate Lamb and Rice LBP, and gets a raw meal once a day. Other than that, she gets Cheerios during training and yogurt/pumpkin/applesauce in her kong. The weird thing is that nothing has changed in her diet from the time I brought her home other than the Iams/Nutro switch.

Soo.. do you think it is the food? Do I need to change to something else? What else could it be?
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: gas

I will await more expert advice, but I just assumed all young pups and kittens had(gag me!!) gas. ;D ;D
    Though now that you mention it, Mya is 4 mos. on Diamond Lamb and rice LBPF and hasn't had any gas at all. ???

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

Does she get any bones? Mocha gets terrible gas from these smoked bone I've given her before. I've also given her bananna frozen in her Kong if she has one twice in a row she will get some bad gas.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Hmm, yeah, Gabby gets marrow bones and occasionally, a rawhide.

She eats different things all the time (raw meals, marrow bones, pumpkin, yogurt, cheerios, etc) so it's pretty hard to pinpoint what's causing it.

I may try eliminating everything but the food and then gradually adding stuff back in.
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

Sorry not much help but my vet advised me when Saska had the problem I was overfeeding her and it was her stomach ways of rebelling, do not know if this is true, but I cut down on the food and most of the time she is ok, but we still do get bad very bad days. Good Luck

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Puff gets gas with dairy products (ice cream, cheese) and with too many peanuts (a legume and legumes are gas producers).
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Caseys Mom Guest

About the only thing that gives Casey gas is the dead stuff she finds (and gobbles down) when we're on on our walks so that's something else you might consider.
    I think your idea of an elimination diet to pin down the cause is a great way to go!
    Good luck!

JeffG is offline Senior Member

Ty is on Diamond Nat. L&R...and...geez...he definitely can produce some room clearers. Hit ya like a Mac truck...a very silent...but powerful one... :-X

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Saba gets a lot of stinky gas : when I give him rawhide rolls or bones. You could just die..lol took me a while to figure out that's what it was but now he only gets those from time to time (when I know there'll be no guests coming over!)

summerluv is offline Senior Member

Summer gets gas once in a while she only farts when she counter surfs, it's so funny, she'll jump and put her front paws up on the counter and out comes the toot! I crack up every time, they are so loud!
    [center]<br />Proud mommy to Summer! 3 y/o yellow lab