Floor cleaner?

Thread: Floor cleaner?

Daly is offline Junior Member

DefaultFloor cleaner?

I want to switch to a more natural floor cleaner....something less caustic than pinesol. Anyone have any suggestions? I went to the whole foods/natural health store but they all used pinesol too. I'm just trying to get away from the chemicals for me and my pets. Let me know if anyone uses anything (we have wood floors, tile floors, and vinyl).

mel

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_eastcoastmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Floor cleaner?

I use vinegar & water & it works fabulously, clean, streak free & disinfects too. My staple home cleaners are white vinegar, baking soda, lemons, club soda, & borax. I do have some chemical cleaners but not many, and I don't use them often.
    "Find out who you are and do it on purpose."

Daly is offline Junior Member

Half and half?

I'm going to look into whether that's safe on wood floors....

Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

I have a Eureka Envirosteamer. It works on just hot water only. I ordered it a few years ago from walmart.com. It was around $40 and you could only get it online. If I need an additional cleaner I use Simple Green.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Tudyputs is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Labs4me
    I have a Eureka Envirosteamer. It works on just hot water only. I ordered it a few years ago from walmart.com. It was around $40 and you could only get it online. If I need an additional cleaner I use Simple Green.
    I use Simple Green too. You can get it at Lowes, different ratios of cleaner to water do amazing things. I used 50/50 to strip old wallpaper!

imported_eastcoastmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daly
    Half and half?

I'm going to look into whether that's safe on wood floors....

Thanks!
    I use it on mine. It is recommended for hardwood. 20 to 1, half & half is too strong. We have a fabulous environmentally safe cleaner around here called Downeast, I use it on my ceramic as you should NOT use vinegar on ceramic.
    "Find out who you are and do it on purpose."

Mooselady is offline Senior Member

I use vinegar and water on my floors also. On the wood I use 1 cup to a gallon or two of warm water. The company that installed my floors suggested it and it works great. I have also used it on my tile floors too. When the grout gets really bad (which is often since it wasn't sealed correctly) I do use Lysol spray cleaner with bleach and a scrub brush. Ventilate well and then rinse with clean water. The bleach is yucky but will get the grout clean again. Windows do well with vinegar and water too.
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole.&quot;&nbsp; Roger Caras