have a 1yr old lab foaming at mouth

Thread: have a 1yr old lab foaming at mouth

trickwiley is offline Junior Member

Defaulthave a 1yr old lab foaming at mouth

I have a 1yr old black lab I just got a 6 week old white lab. Oh the older one is a female(fixed) the new one is a male(not yet fixed). Black(Bandit), White(Dusty). Bandit has been foaming at the mouth since we have gotten her, but not all the time. When they are outside together she starts to foam or it seems like when she gets real excited. Is this normal or do I have something to worry about? Thanks for any assistance I receive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: have a 1yr old lab foaming at mouth

My chocolate female (around 2.5 years) foams at the mouth when we go to the dog park. This is the only time she does it. I have been told it is a nervous reaction. This makes sense to me. Her foaming is getting less and less each time we go. Maybe she is finally getting more comfortable. I have never seen her do it any other time, only when we are at the dog park!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

A friend's Dobie used to foam like he was rabid. He did it when he was stressed.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

trickwiley is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the replies so maybe it is the new lab that is making her a little stressed. Hopefully all will go well in the not so near future. Any additional replies would be grately appreciated. Also if someone maybe could tell me how long it might take for the older lab to get used to having another dog in her yard?

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

My Saska also foams at the mouth, she is 18 months old and has done every since she was a puppy, but only on walks or if she gets excited at the park playing with her ball, I was told that Labs when they walk or get excited forget to swallow, do not know if this is true or not. It is nice to know that I am not the only one with a lab that foams at the mouth.

goodguy is offline Senior Member

My 1 year old yellow seems to foam whenever she gets really excited outside...