Eye discharge

Thread: Eye discharge

BeandMe is offline Senior Member

DefaultEye discharge

I am concerned about a little bit of a gooey eye that Ben has happening. Only slight but enough that I need to wipe it away now and then. I plan to take him to the vet tomorrow if it hasn't cleared up but until then if anyone has had any experience with this is there anything you might suggest that I could be doing to help. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Eye discharge

probably conjuctivitis...they will give some eye drops and chances are the dogs will be fine. they may put some green solution in the eye and turn on a black light to look for a scratch, but its probably a small infection...

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

In the UK the VET advised me to use english black tea bags and wipe eys several time a day, he said it was the best antibiotic you can get for eyes, and I have to say it has worked for my SASKA. She has had runny eyes a couple of times and wiping with the tea bags for 3-4 days has always cleared it up. Simple and cheap things seem to work sometimes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnafcb
    In the UK the VET advised me to use english black tea bags and wipe eys several time a day, he said it was the best antibiotic you can get for eyes, and I have to say it has worked for my SASKA. She has had runny eyes a couple of times and wiping with the tea bags for 3-4 days has always cleared it up. Simple and cheap things seem to work sometimes.
    Now that's interesting!!!

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

Mocha has eye buggers all the time I just wipe them out. As long as they are not yellow or green I wouldn't worry about it.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

Before he was put on Benedryl, Mickey used to get runny eyes (clear) all the time. Now it only happens going from warm to extreme cold, or if I'm vacuuming. Poor guy.

Let us know what the vet says...good luck!
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />