Peeing while asleep?!

Thread: Peeing while asleep?!

LokisDad is offline Junior Member

DefaultPeeing while asleep?!

Loki, our 9 month old labe, has a problem. He is peeing in his sleep, or at least thats the only thing I can think of. Months ago I woke up one night to Loki licking himself everywhere on our bed, I then noticed that it was damp by my legs, under the covers. I put Loki down off the bed, he was completely soaked. I lifted the covers up, and sure enough, there was a huge wet spot... It went through all of our covers.

Now, just 2 weeks ago, it has happened again, this time on our couch... Again I wake up to licking... Loki and my couch are soiled in urine.

It has happened again! Last night on our bed!

What is so puzzling to me is that he seems to be sleeping throug it, then he wakes up and starts cleaning himself. Its odd for him to want to even lay in it?! Is he just getting too relaxed and his muscles are just letting loose? This never happens durring the day when he is sleeping either, and he is completely house trained.

We have an appointment set up for this week at the vet, hopefully we can figure something out...

Andrew
    See you at the Rainbow Bridge Dolby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Peeing while asleep?!

Hmmm....definately rule out medical.

Rider did this twice while he was a pup, and right after he had a round of vaccincations. He hasn't done it since.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

Sounds exactly what Jes did when he had a bladder infection. Maybe that is what's going on, and if so it's easy to treat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I was going to suggest UTI too. Take a fresh sample to the vets with you so they can test it to make sure.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

LokisDad is offline Junior Member

Well Lokis pee is totally normal, the Doc is suspecting Incontinence... His episodes are not consistant, and has only happend a couple times over the course of 3 months.

So he is on Proin now, hopefully that will let him better control his muscles when he is just too comfy when he is sleeping.

Andy
    See you at the Rainbow Bridge Dolby!