Dogs Poop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dogs Poop

imported_111@@@ is offline Senior Member

DefaultDogs Poop

ok so when my dog eats she poop right after. then maybe a little times go by and she will have to go again but she goes twice ones it will be a nice poop normal as it should be then when she poops the second time its really loose. can anyone help me on what it might be plz

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

whitelab21 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dogs Poop

how old is she and what are you feeding?
    see pics of all my babies<br />http://www.seehankplay.myphotoalbum.com/

shes 6 months and i'm feeding her Innova Large Breed Puppy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

whitelab21 is offline Senior Member

oh and I forgot to ask how much you are feeding her. Here are my thoughts... since there are a lot of causes for loose stool here are a few: she could have worms or parasites, has she been dewormed or checked by the vet recently? she could be getting fed too much, perhaps a reduction in her feed may help; the large breed puppy food is usually real high in protein which can cause loose stool sometimes; is she going the second time right after the first time. Or does she go inside for a little while, rest, then go out and have loose stool? She just might not be finishing from her first "go".

First off, I would make sure you can rule out worms, then try reducing how much you feed her, at least until the loose stools go away. If that doesn't help, perhaps think about switching her food. She may be sensitive to that food. Good luck
    see pics of all my babies<br />http://www.seehankplay.myphotoalbum.com/

maybe i'll take her to the vet this weekend. but i wouldn't think so because its not all the time that its loose. but she poops once then she moves to a spot and its loose. and is it normal for dogs to poop like 3 times in a row. shes done that before to and i was kinda worried about that

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

My Puff [YF, AKC field line (competing breeder), 63 lbs., DOB: 8-'01] has a first poop very shortly after we go out for our 2½ mile early morning walk off-leash in a nature preserve. Those stools are firm. About half way through, Puff usually stops to poop again and these are much softer -- the consistency of mashed potatoes or sometimes apple sauce.

Whenever Puff has pooped a second time (shortly after a first), that second poop has been much softer. I've always figured it's just because it's not had long enough to cure properly before it got shipped out. And exercise does almost always hasten her pooping.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

yea thats what it looks like the mash patatoes. o and sorry i feed her about 2 cups twice a day but she hasn't been eating all of it so i feed her about a 1 cup and put a little water to make it soft cause her back teeth are coming in.

vgariffo is offline Senior Member

I've been wondering about this too. I'm in the process of changing Bo's food for this very reason. It really does seem like it's just a matter of his walk stimulating the poop and the second (sometimes even third! ugh!) is not fully formed. He seems totally healthy otherwise. However, on the chance he's sensitive to something in the Nutro, I'm switching to Innova.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I doubt that switching food will make a second or 3rd poop fairly soon after a first become hard and firm like the first.

I think those 2nd & 3rd poops are soft because they are 2nd or 3rd and, as I suggested, haven't had enough time in the system to adequately cure.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Caseys Mom Guest

Whenever Puff has pooped a second time (shortly after a first), that second poop has been much softer. I've always figured it's just because it's not had long enough to cure properly before it got shipped out.
    You may be on to something there, Bob. LOL
    Casey's normal routine is to have one firm poop when we first get up and then a second much softer one on our morning walk. The past few weeks, though, her second poop has been much firmer. The only thing that's changed is I've been waiting until the temps get up to 0 before we head out so our "morning walk" is more of a mid-afternoon walk and that second poop has 5-6 hours longer to "cure."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast