My dog not Eating!

Thread: My dog not Eating!

DaisyDixie is offline Member

DefaultMy dog not Eating!

Okay so Dixie (11 months) yesterday stopped eating her food. I have been feeding her nutro natural choice for sensitive stomachs b/c she has a sensitive stomach and she just stopped eating it. Any suggestions on what I should top it off with? I tried pumpkin, Nutro canned food (she will eat the canned food without the dry food in it), and i also tried yogurt. I can't keep changing her food..and she has been having soft stools with it..UMMM!! Are any of yall dogs picky eaters? Maybe she is just picky??!! She does put her nose up to a lot of different things!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

whitelab21 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My dog not Eating!

well since it was just yesterday I would give it a few days.. she will eat when she gets hungry. If you let her, she will continue to be a picky eater. However watch her closely. She is either just being picky or something is wrong. When she quits eating her food, pick it up and don't try to give her anything else. The next day at feeding time put the same amount down. Just make sure she is drinking plenty of water. If she still isn't eating the next day, maybe have her checked out. But if she gets hungry enough she will eat. And she will learn that when the food bowl is down, she better eat before mom picks it up again. Good luck
    see pics of all my babies<br />http://www.seehankplay.myphotoalbum.com/

DaisyDixie is offline Member

DefaultRe: My dog not Eating!

Thanks, Yeah she won't eat her food we give her, she will try and go over too my other dogs food and eat hers=( That's what I'm going to do, leave it down for 10min and see if she eats than I'll pick it up. Thanks for your help=)