How long after final shot?

Thread: How long after final shot?

Fletchs Pop is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow long after final shot?

How long after my pups final immunization shot is he fully immunized and safe to go around other dogs?
    I work on the theory that if you can train a killer whale to launch itself out of a swimming pool, roll on its side and urinate into a small plastic cup, given only a whistle and a bucket of fish, without a choke chain, then you don’t need those confrontational techniques with dogs. -Dr. Dodman

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_111@@@ is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How long after final shot?

i was told its after the rabie shot

Fletchs Pop is offline Senior Member

My question is more, once he gets his final vaccination how long do you wait before allowing him around other dogs?

I.E. If you got a puppy his final vaccination today would you allow him around other dogs tomorrow, 48 hours, a week?
    I work on the theory that if you can train a killer whale to launch itself out of a swimming pool, roll on its side and urinate into a small plastic cup, given only a whistle and a bucket of fish, without a choke chain, then you don’t need those confrontational techniques with dogs. -Dr. Dodman

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

I think you're prolly ok to let him around other "well" dogs immediately. Shots can take up to 2 weeks to take hold, but if its the last shot, his immunity should be pretty good.

Laura

imported_111@@@ is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    I think you're prolly ok to let him around other "well" dogs immediately. Shots can take up to 2 weeks to take hold, but if its the last shot, his immunity should be pretty good.
    yea i was about to say that. right after i got my pups last shot we went out to meet my cousins dog. so you should be fine