Dog not eating Help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog not eating Help!

imported_111@@@ is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog not eating Help!

ok well my dog is not eating as she used to. well this has just been going on for a couple of days now. when i'm about to feed her she wait for me to say eat then she eats but she only take a few bites and walks away then like hours later she will com back to eat. or if i'm out there i have to tell to eat again and again till she eats it all. can anyone help plz thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog not eating Help!

give her 15 minutes and then pick it up. If she doesn't eat or only eats a little, that is fine. Give what is left (do not add to her bowl) at the next feeding, even if it's 5 morsels left. She will not starve herself. But you should not leave the bowl on the floor and let her graze at will, you shouold control when she eats. She'll come back around.

I will also ask, do you keep your food in an airtight container so it doesn't get stale?
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

yea i think so. its like one of those plastic trash bin that you hit the button and it flips open. ok thanks well i just didn't want anything to be wrong with her. but i need more opinions

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Is she just being picky with her food, or refusing to eat all together? Like treats, etc.? If she is really not eating at all (refusing all food), I'd have her checked out. How old is she?

shes 5 months. no shes doesn't refuse treat at all just the food. well not really refusing food just eating a little and then not eating after till about a few hours. but this just started like a week ago before she was eating all of it

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Then I would go back to what Dani suggested. She's also at the age to start losing her baby teeth, so that might be bothering her as well. Try putting a little bit of tepid water on her food and see it if helps.

Tagen is offline Senior Member

its like one of those plastic trash bin that you hit the button and it flips open
    I'm not sure, but that doesn't sound like an airtight container. Her food might be going stale and your pup may be turned off by that. Otherwise, follow Dani's advice and control when the food is available to her. And also make sure nobody else in the home is giving her extra goodies. If she gets enough of them, she'll know that she can just hold out and wait for something better.

ok thanks guys

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

At 5 months, Jes's appetite slowed, and it seems relatively common (as much as posts here are any indication of the dog population at large). It was around that time I went from 3 meals a day to 2 meals a day - he just wasn't that interested in his middle meal ("lunch").

whats a good place that sealed tight to keep her food in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast