Diamond Food - Discontinued at Pet Supplies Plus???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Food - Discontinued at Pet Supplies Plus???

nmjanow is offline Junior Member

DefaultDiamond Food - Discontinued at Pet Supplies Plus???

I know most of you feed this brand as have I since my pups were 1 year old. We were recently told by Pet Supplies Plus that Diamond is discontinuing their dog food (we buy the lamb and rice adult) and they suggested the Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul brand. Would this be the same formula as the diamond lamb and rice? I only saw regular adult formulas not L&R. Is this just Pet Supplies Plus not carrying the Diamond or is this coming from Diamond that they are not making their own brand any longer??? (i believe we have already converted to the naturals version of their product).
    We live in Illinois (chicago suburbs) and i know the petco's near us don't sell it. Any one in illinois know of a place/chain store?
    Sorry for all the questions but i'm SHOCKED that after all these years we're being forced to switch foods. We really like Diamond!! Is Kirkland the same formula???
    Thanks,
    --Nancy<br />Mom to Mocha Chocolate, F, 07/16/02 &amp; Caramelle, Yel., F, 12/28/02

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Diamond Food - Discontinued at Pet Supplies Plus???

Personally, I like Kirkland (made by Diamond) better than the "Diamond". If you have a Costco near you, you can get the C&R or the L&R for about $17 for a 40lb. bag. I've used both. It might just be that particular store isn't carrying that anymore and is switching to the Diamond Naturals (also good). Check the Diamond website and see if they have any announcements on it.

Serg4u is offline Senior Member

My pup was feed Diamond as well from the breeder,but when I went to our local pet store all they had was one kind, and not the puppy feed. They also recommended the Chicken Soup so I got it, and she went poop find, and really loves it!

Here is there site
    http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/
    <br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

That is a good food, too. I fed it for a while but the fiber content was too low for my girl and her poops never firmed up. Glad to hear yours is liking it and it's working.

I checked their website and no info there so i emailed their customer service and i'm awaiting a reply. It sounds like Pet supplies plus isn't carrying Diamond brand because of low sales since that "scare" with their food a year or two ago. Problem still remains that there aren't many stores out there carrying their product. We've been using Naturals so it's the store that's discontinuing all their products as of now.
    --Nancy<br />Mom to Mocha Chocolate, F, 07/16/02 &amp; Caramelle, Yel., F, 12/28/02

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

I'm actually surprised Diamond has kept that line, their Kirkland and Premium Edge formulas are almost identical. They did recently move their lamb and rice over to their new Diamond Naturals line, so maybe that's what the store is thinking about. They still have it on their website, so I'm assuming they're still selling it.

Since this store isn't selling it, you may try the Premium Edge L&R, it's almost identical.

Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice:
    Lamb meal, whole grain brown rice, white rice, cracked pearled barley, fish meal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), egg product, beet pulp, flaxseed, natural flavor, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Premium Edge Lamb and Rice:
    Lamb, lamb meal, whole grain brown rice, cracked pearled barley, oatmeal, millet, egg product, white rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), potatoes, tomato pomace, flaxseed, ocean fish meal, natural flavor, choline chloride, dried chicory root, taurine, glucosamine hydrochloride, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, tomatoes, blueberries, spinach, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, yucca schidigera extract, L-Carnitine, chondroitin sulfate, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Saccharomyces cerevesiae fermentation solubles, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Illinois stores that sell Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice
    Illinois stores that sell Premium Edge Lamb and Rice

I've never heard of the Premium Edge. Thanks for the link but all the retailers are far downstate from Chicago.

Dani is offline Senior Member

I thought chicken soup was also made by diamond.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    I thought chicken soup was also made by diamond.
    Yes, it is.

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

As far as I know, Diamond, Premium Edge, Professional, Chicken Soup, and Nutra Nuggets are all made by Schell and Kampeter. I'm not positive, but I think that's all the food that company makes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast