Puppy and eating - VERY wild - Help please

Thread: Puppy and eating - VERY wild - Help please

Tess mom is offline Member

DefaultPuppy and eating - VERY wild - Help please

My pup is VERY wild when feeding time comes and gulps it down VERY fast. I don't know how she tastes it. I just posted about her but no one has replied. She also eats her feces and my other dog's feces. Could she be starving or lacking something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy and eating - VERY wild - Help please

Nah, she's just a Lab. My Frankie did that too. I now put a big Nylabone in the middle of dish so he has to eat around it. It worked. He also eats poop. Another Lab thing. :-\

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

My Saska still eats her dinner like there is no tomorrow, I was also advised to put a toy in her feeding bowl such as a bone or Tennis ball it seems to work.
    I was also told to put pineapple ??? ??? in the dogs food to stop the dog eating there own poo, it seems to work with some dogs. Good Luck

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tess mom is offline Member

do you know how much pineapple? Canned pineapple?

Canned Pineapple, Just checked My dog magazine, one spoonfull mixed with their food, it is probably worth a try I keep being told about it by several different people, also I have a dog magazine every month and it is mentioned in there. several Months running, Does not work for all dogs but anything is worth a try. Good luck.

stlabs is offline Senior Member

The eating poop thing actually has a name called coprophagia or something like that. Luckily, I haven't personally had an issue with it. I think there is some product you can buy and put in their food that makes the poop taste bad and causes the dog not to eat it anymore.

Fletchs Pop is offline Senior Member

Eating Poo is natural. Slowing down there eating is pretty simple also, my first suggestion would be to feed them out of a Kong. Secondly would be putting something inedible in their bowl as others have mentioned.
    I work on the theory that if you can train a killer whale to launch itself out of a swimming pool, roll on its side and urinate into a small plastic cup, given only a whistle and a bucket of fish, without a choke chain, then you don’t need those confrontational techniques with dogs. -Dr. Dodman

Just heard about a dog bowl that slows down the dog from eating food like there is no tomorrow the website it
    www.brake-fast.net it looks really good I am going to give it a try. There is currently a two week wait for delivery due to demand.