Oona goes in tomorrow to remove her busted tooth

Thread: Oona goes in tomorrow to remove her busted tooth

TimC. is offline Senior Member

DefaultOona goes in tomorrow to remove her busted tooth

We have to be at the vets tomorrow morning before 8am. Oona busted a tooth on January 1 while playing with a stick with another dog. It was a freak accident, the other dog twisted the stick and her tooth broke at the root. It just shows you how tough these dogs are. She never yipped and there wasn't any blood. I didn't suspect anything until I saw some blood on her rawhide. Its not a major tooth so it isn't anything I have to worry about, and I'm having them take out the roots just so she doesn't get an infection. Right now she is giving me a longing look because she hasn't had anything to eat since 4pm. The vet said, "Nothing after 8pm." But she doesn't get that. I'm in for a long night of her stomping her feet and grunting.
    Olie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oona goes in tomorrow to remove her busted tooth

I hope her surgery goes well. Maybe you can find a nice (soft) treat to give her tomorrow, when she comes home from the vets.

Won't someone please feed me!

TBGSAM is offline Senior Member

Oona will forgive you by this evening when you break out the moist food. At least that is what our doggie dentist had us feed Tootsie for 2-3 weeks after her surgery.
    Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05, Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the support.
    Well she is there now, they say they are going to do the surgery before noon. As soon as she goes into the examining room her whole demeanor changes. The vet tech said that she should be on soft foods for about 2 to three days, maybe because its only one tooth, and they are only taking out the roots. Its good that we are about to get hit with an Arctic blast in Syracuse, because I won't feel bad about missing our morning walks. I will probably go to the gym instead.
    Olie

Well I'm about to go pick Oona up at the vets. The tooth thing is OK but while he had her out the vet checked her anal area. She has had problems in the past with her anal glands getting impacted but nothing in the past 2 years. Last week they flaired up again and the vet said they were really bad. While she was under he checked them really good and found something hard. He doesn't know for sure if it is a mass or not. I was talking to a friend on Sunday who's dog had the same history with gland problems. For her it was cancer. I'll know more when she goes back in 10 days.
    Olie

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

I'm glad that the dental surgery went well. I hope that the lump is nothing serious. Did they do a biopsy or remove it totally?

Won't someone please feed me!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm glad the tooth surgery went well. Sending good thoughts that the lump is nothing serious.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

The vet just said he felt something hard in her rectum. He hasn't done a biopsy or anything yet, we are going back next Wednesday to see if its gotten bigger or even if its still there.
    Olie

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Reminds me of the saying "If it's not one thing, it's another".

Hopefully next Wednesday will reveal that the lump is gone! Glad her tooth extraction went well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMyGirl
    Reminds me of the saying "If it's not one thing, it's another".

Hopefully next Wednesday will reveal that the lump is gone! Glad her tooth extraction went well.
    Oh we didn't even get to the growths she has on her elbows, they look like planters warts. Those are insignificant at this point.
    ThatsMyGirl I just wanted to tell you how beautiful I think your dog is. Oona looks like her but she is a creamy yellow.
    Olie