biscuit's- high quality?

Thread: biscuit's- high quality?

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Defaultbiscuit's- high quality?

I have been looking for some good, high quality biscuit's for Sammi- seem's like they all have wheat as there first ingredient- I don't mind spending more as she only gets them once in awhile! This has been a challenge, and I don't really want to make homemade ones, but will if that's my only choice-

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: biscuit's- high quality?

I've given Innova EVO treats, Wellness treats, Natural Balance potato and Duck, Bark Bars with no wheat or corn. Find store that sells the "holistic" type foods and you will find these treats.
    <br />Oregon

ThatsMyGirl Guest

California Natural Health Bars are just like their food -- lamb and rice. I'm not sure but I think Solid Gold Jerky Treats might be wheat free too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Helen (Mel) got me into the Solid Gold Turkey Jerky (which are great for training and the girls go crazy for them) and Rodeo Rings by Ginger Ridge, they're both wheat free. They also love the Mutt Munchers and Buddy Biscuits, which are made from all natural ingredients, but there is unbleached wheat flour in the ingredients. I also give them Newman's Own Organic Peanut Butter treats which are wheat and corn free and only $3 or $4 a bag, Canidae snap biscuits and Wellness bite size Apple & Banana WellBars- also wheat free. With the exception of the Newman's which I get at PetsMart, I get the rest at the smaller, independently owned pet stores in my area. I've never ordered food from this site, but I know that they carry a lot of different treats...you can search/shop by brand.
    http://www.petfooddirect.com

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Miska is offline Member

I vote for Buddy Biscuits too!! Dakota loves the Sweet Potato Madness..

There's also Good Dog Treats. Dakota loves the Apple Dumpling. Which is made from Oat Flour, Rolled Oats, Apples, Oil,
    Cinnamon, Vanilla, Eggs, Honey, Baking Powder..

www.sojos.com/gooddog.html

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Thank's everyone, this has been very helpful. Just recently Sammi has started getting "gunky" ear's. Since I am changing her food, because it is way past time to get her on adult food. I really want to keep both treat's and food high quality and give it the best chance not to have on going ear and skin problem's.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Boy I have to admit we go through a lot of them around here, so I buy the Sportmix puppy size buy the box-load.
    Cheep? Yup. Ingredients. Never looked

But I do buy Old Mother Hubbard treats quite often as something special, or something from the gourmet dog bakery.
    Kim

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Our favorite are the Canidae snap biscuits.

Drs. Foster & Smith have an all-natural Hypoallergenic Dog Biscuit too. We normally get the bison ones which have wheat, but our dogs do fine on it. They have a fish/sweet potato one too, but it has barley (which should be avoided if you are unsure if it's a grain allergy).