My Baby has Parvo! Any advice? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Baby has Parvo! Any advice?

brody is offline Senior Member

parvo can affect dogs that are utd on vax ... watch your rat terrier very carefully and take him to the vets for supportive treatment if he isn't perfect quickly

sadly catching parvo early isn't always enough to ensure survival ...

I'll think good thoughts for you all
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Last call to the vet and Buddy still had no more vomit/diarreah but still had a fever once medicine wore off. Tomorrow they might try to feed him if the fever is gone.

Wendy B. is offline Senior Member

Hope your pup is feeling better very soon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Good healing thoughts for your baby!

joflake is offline Senior Member

How is Buddy today?

I just got home from picking up Buddy at the vet!! He is doing better but incredibly weak!! He cant even walk! But Im hoping in a couple days he will be better!! Im just glad to have him home. He is supposed to be isolated in a quiet spot but when I leave him - he gets upset and yelps - so I have him in the living room and begging my kids to be quiet. I might have to hang out a lot with him in my room!! I need to get busy sterilizing so more!!

Thank you all for your thoughts! He is doing better!!!

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear that!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CMoore416 View Post
    I just got home from picking up Buddy at the vet!! He is doing better but incredibly weak!! He cant even walk! But Im hoping in a couple days he will be better!! Im just glad to have him home. He is supposed to be isolated in a quiet spot but when I leave him - he gets upset and yelps - so I have him in the living room and begging my kids to be quiet. I might have to hang out a lot with him in my room!! I need to get busy sterilizing so more!!

Thank you all for your thoughts! He is doing better!!!
    Can you crate him and cover the crate with a blanket? He probably won't complain long.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Hi!

Buddy is still very weak but improving. Yesterday when I brought him home - a he did was literally lay there. He cant walk, get up or anything. This morning he is laying still but sitting up laying with is head up looking around. He can put a little more weight on his legs - I hold him up to pee. He is eating whatever little I give him and wishing it were more. He is on the road to recovery. Just a slow process.

Although I dont have a Lab I came across this forum and I just wanted to tell to take parvo serious. Just this past friday my 12 week old american bulldog died from the virus. It was too late by the time she started to show signs of the virus. I isolated her from my other to dogs upstairs and stayed with her and gave her SQ hydration my self. I gave her all the antibiotics, and I woke up every hour on the hour rehydrating her and and try to comfort her but she didn't make it. I know everyone says this when one of their dogs dies but she truly was one of the sweetest dogs I ever came across. Bleach your house down and find some stuff called parvosol to kill whats left on your carpet and other areas you cant bleach. I have my dogs pinned up and just gave them another round of boosters. Im not letting them run around in the house right now and Im taking them to the front to pee and poop. Just be careful to disinfect yourself so you dont spread it to the other dogs. Its so sad to what sweet puppies fade away to nothing with in hours. Im not trying to scare you just thought you should know how serious it is.

Best Wishes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast