What do you feed your dogs?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you feed your dogs?

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat do you feed your dogs?

Just for curiosity sakes, what are you all feeding your dogs?

Cybil was an Iams dog, it was in our price range and she did really well on it ... she had minor skin issues and Iams was the only one that didn't make her constantly itchy. I am not 100% sure what the breeder is feeding the pups, but I'm going to ask tomorrow so I can buy a bag.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Prey model raw diet, for the past year and a half. Best decision I ever made.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

labby is offline Senior Member

Mine are on ProPlan Selects. 4 are on the turkey/barley 2 are on the salmon. I've tried other things, especially since the price of dog food is going up, but mine just didn't do well on anything else, so back to the PPS we went.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yelloweyz is offline Senior Member

We started out Wellness, switched to Neutro, then finally Diamond.... 2/3 dogs did well on all... but Jo had such problems and this is the only thing for his skin that worked well...

Mom to Indy 6/12/98 to 11/16/11 (always in my heart), and Jobe 8-14-2000 to 6/24/2013 (Working TDI) English Labs, and Annie our Golden Retriever (TDI), and Kodiak (who will one day hopefully be a TDI dog if he doesn't kill me first).

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

2 on ProPlan and one on Orijen
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Costco Kirkland Signature Chicken and Rice

She loves it, and couldn't be doing any better.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

julia is offline Senior Member

Taste of the wild ... Pacific stream formula. This food has shown to have the best results with his food allergies.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

The 3 adults are on Kirkland Lamb & Rice. The 2 puppers are on Exceed Performance Chicken & Rice.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyK's Dad View Post
    Costco Kirkland Signature Chicken and Rice

She loves it, and couldn't be doing any better.
    Same here

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Like Ed/HK and several others, we feed Kirkland C, R & V (formula below). At the closest Costco 70 miles away it's about $25 (tax incld) for a 40 lb. bag. Puff has been on it for 6 years.

At supper, in addition to her one cup of food, she also gets with it a cup of cooked (previously frozen) green string beans (no salt), a small slice of cooked salmon, 1 G&C tab, 1 Fish Oil cap.

The only "problem" with the Kirkland for us is that since Puff eats only 2 cups a day, the food can get stale and unappetizing for her if left in just the opened bag, So, after much experimenting, I found the easiest remedy is -- as soon as I open a new bag -- to transfer all its contents into ten one-gallon Ziplock freezer bags and seal them.

BTW, "Diamond Naturals" has a similar formula (but NOT plain "Diamond" -- with the introduction of "DN" the plain Diamond became a lower grade food); it's made by the same company that makes Kirkland and those products are widely available from TSC (Tractor Supply) stores as well as many other outlets. See this link if you'd like to locate one near you. http://www.diamondpet.com/dealer_locator/

The Kirkland is also available in a L&R formula but I prefer the C&R because it has fewer rice ingredients.

Kirkland Signature - Chicken, Rice & Vegetables Formula

Ingredients:
    Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and Vitamin E), egg product, beet pulp, potatoes, fishmeal, flaxseed, natural flavor, brewers dried yeast, millet, carrots, peas, kelp, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, rosemary extract, parsley flake, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, chondroitin sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity), riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid

Guaranteed Analysis
    Protein: 26%
    Fat: 16%
    Fiber: 4%
    Moisture: 10%

Calorie Content: 3,754 kcal/kg (393 kcals/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

AAFCO Statement
    Animal feeding tests using Assoiation of American Feed Control Officials procedures substantiate that Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Chicken, Rice & Vegatables Formula provides complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages.

Toll free number: 1-800-797-9607 for any comments or questions

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast