Um, pimple on his prepuce :0

Thread: Um, pimple on his prepuce :0

blaisberg is offline Member

Red faceUm, pimple on his prepuce :0

Hi, I just joined this site after visiting the 'old' Just Labs forum and seeing the change.

Charlie, my 5 year old yellow Lab, has always licked his privates. Yesterday, we discovered that there's a bump that looks a bit like a blister, or a pimple on his prepuce. He licks there enough that the normally light colored fur is reddish, so I'm not sure if he caused the pimple from licking, or whether there's an underlying infection that caused the licking and subsequently the pimple. It does look like there's pus in it, but no way am I going to squeeze it! It's not looking like a whitehead. He has had infections in the past with the usual discharge symptoms but haven't seen that recently.

My vet isn't open until Tuesday so thought I'd check here. Does anyone have any experience with this? Wondering if I should try to put antibacterial cream on it to see if it goes away.

Thanks
    Jocelyn

(Charlie, 5 yrs old, osteochondroitis desicans in hocks; Evan, 7 years old, traditional CCl repair on right leg, TPLO on left)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Jakey had one. I figured it was an ingrown hair and I GENTLY squeezed it. A little bit of pus came out and then it healed right up.

If you don't want to squeeze it, wait until your vet's back. I'm sure it's nothing serious. If it changes during now and Tuesday then maybe a trip to the ER.

Laura

Thanks, Laura. I did try a little squeezing, but I think I'm just making it worse... it's right at the opening where there's no hair that I can see. I'll keep an eye on it. If it grows, it might be easier to pop since I strongly suspect that's the first thing the vet's going to try, unless he recognizes it as something else. It's reassuring to know when other's have similar experiences.
    Thanks again.
    Jocelyn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

How are you making it worse? You can warm up a wash cloth and do a couple of warm compresses, then give it a slight squeeze. Obviously don't force it.

Jake's was right on the opening of the sheath. Popped open pretty easily. Of course, I love stuff like this. lol

Laura

After I tried squeezing it a little, it got redder and more swollen (since it wasn't going to pop). I left him alone and it seems to have gone down to almost nothing... if I look closely (and yes, I admit I do), it looks like a little bump so not entirely gone but not yet vet-worthy.
    Thanks, Laura. I value your posts!