Stomach problems

Thread: Stomach problems

DefaultStomach problems

I'm starting to wonder if the premium food "Pro Plan" is causing Haley stomach problems. Every couple of months she gets diarrhea for no apparant reason and it is BAD. I take her to the vet after no sucess trying to help her myself with fasting then boil chicken and rice and some immodium from time to time. Her vet never finds anything wrong with her other than an upset stomach and loads her up with pills. This isn't right and its frusterating to not know when the next episode will come up. She looks sick but her tests show everything is fine she just has an upset stomach. She doesn't chew many bones or get many treats. Mainly just her food with scrambled egg for a treat a couple of times a week. Any thoughts if it could be her food is too rich? Any other ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Stomach problems

Sounds like giardia to me.

She's three years old. I thought giardia is more prevalent in younger dogs. The past 6 months alone have been on and off but she keeps popping up with diarrhea. Am I wrong about giardia affecting just younger dogs? I was thinking more of an allergy but why now and what should I be doing other than loading her up with pills.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'd stop giving her anything other than her dog food for awhile, that includes eggs, and see if that takes care of it. Who knows why their bodies react the way they do sometimes. Oona used to have to get her anal glands expressed every three weeks. I stopped giving her dog biscuts and substituted her dog food and the blocked anal glands stopped immediately. I am happy to report that Oona hasn't had to have her anal glands expressed in two years!
    Olie