Help!!! my dogs butt smells

Thread: Help!!! my dogs butt smells

DefaultHelp!!! my dogs butt smells

well, just got home and went to get my 6 mos yellow out of the crate and "WOW" does it smell in that room. His tails stinks, I thought maybe he had an accident, but nothing, he doesnt do that but you never know. Does anyone have any suggestions, I know they have thos anal glands, and sometimes they may clog, I thought maybe one broke open and got on his tail...... HELP!!!! I cant stand the smell......

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help!!! my dogs butt smells

Sounds like he may have expressed his anal sacs, perhaps in his excitement that you were home. Not much smells much more foul than that. Just clean under and on his tail, and be sure to wipe out his crate. If that's all it was, it's not an unusual occurence. For your sake, I hope he learns to control his excitement. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ruff n tumble crew
    Sounds like he may have expressed his anal sacs, perhaps in his excitement that you were home.* Not much smells much more foul than that.* Just clean under and on his tail, and be sure to wipe out his crate.* If that's all it was, it's not an unusual occurence.* For your sake, I hope he learns to control his excitement.* *:P
    This has never happened before. But thanks for the info, my Husband did clean the area. Hope that never happens again
    thanks again

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

He's not scooting his butt on the floor or licking there alot is he? Normally those are signs of anal gland problems if they need to be expressed. I hope it was just a one time thing.

labby is offline Senior Member

I just want to know whose job was it to sniff the dog's butt.

Laura

lol, you didnt have to sniff the butt, you could smell a mile away. But I surely didnt clean the area, that was my Husbands job......