Patchy hair loss?

Thread: Patchy hair loss?

DefaultPatchy hair loss?

My 13 week old YLM Duke is started to develop small (dime to nickel size) patches of hair loss.* From what I can tell, it is only the long outer hair, not the thick under hair. You cannot see his skin.* It looks as though one of* the kids has snipped it with scissors. It doesn't appear to be itching or causing him any discomfort.* Any ideas or experience with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Patchy hair loss?

Could it be ringworm?

Had Duke at the vet yesterday, tiem for 12 week shot and check up. They checked him for everything and are doing a fungal test, results in a few days. They gave him a medicine similar to advantix, it is for flea, ticks, heartworms, mange, ... there is about six things this medicine does, but i can't remember the name. The vets were stumped. I guess at this point we'll treat with the medicine and watch. Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

everydog is offline Senior Member

I'm guessing they did a scrape for demodex mange? If it was negative, then I hope it turns out to be ringworm! Do you happen to have any cats in your household?

Yes they did a scrape, found nothing, but the vet said that doen't always get positive scrapes. The medicine they want to use is called "revolution." Spose to work on everything. Maybe its just me, but the "spots" are seeming to start to fade, not from the medicine, but maybe it just getting better, whater "it" is.

I am trying to let everyone know about a dietary supplement Dinovite, that really helped my dog when he had missing fur" issues". He also has had yeast infections (ear) and when we were at the vet she said he had really clean looking ears.

If you google Dinovite you will get to their site and read for yourself but it is something that worked for us. (It did take a few weeks.) Jakesperson