Food for thought or not ?????

Thread: Food for thought or not ?????

DefaultFood for thought or not ?????

I just found this site while looking for a top rated food for dogs and cats. Have anyone heard of " Life's Abundance" dog food? Here is the site. http://www.healthypetnet.com/Healthy...7&hdr=2&cat=0*
    Please use the compare to your brand and the video. This stuff sounds like some top stuff. Makes a lot of sense on the cost vs the quality of the food .

Life’s Abundance Premium Dog Food is made using only fresh, human-quality ingredients. It is a nutrient dense food with high quality meat proteins and NO by-products, corn, wheat, gluten or soy. NO artificial flavors, colors, sugars or chemical preservatives.

we never add a speck of artificial flavors, colors, processed sugars, or chemical preservatives such as BHA, BHT, sulfur dioxide, sorbates, or benzoates. So it’s just as natural and deliciously wholesome as if you’d made it yourself.

I have sample on order and would like to know your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Food for thought or not ?????

Someone on the forum was using this ... was it Texas Tank?

Anyway, there are a lot of high quality foods w/o by-products, corn, soy, wheat, colors, chemicals ... and on and on. I think this looks like a nice food, but not any nicer than a lot of the others. I have used some of the top "rated" foods -- from Innova to Solid Gold to Timberwolf Organics. Just because they are rated highly doesn't mean that they'll work for your dog. Sami can't eat any of the aforementioned w/o ending up GI issues. Right now she eats both raw and California Natural. It may not be right for anyone else, but it works for us.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

It looks good but I notice the price is quite high. $56.95 seems like a lot for a 40lbs bag. Converted into UK pounds it is even more then I pay for a 40lbs bag (I pay £28.00) and prices on everything over here are ridiculous compared to the USA.

I also agree with ThatsMyGirl that because it is a "top rated" food doesn't mean to say it will work for your dog. I remember I tried my dogs on a food many people raved about and they did awful --they had terrible coats, loose stools and lost weight.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Has anyone used Flint River Ranch brand????? It looks pretty good also.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Flint River is sold through an Amway-like distributor/reseller network.* Distributors are the middlemen who sell to the reseller people.* Certainly much of the attraction is in becoming part of the network and advancing from being a buyer to a reseller to a distributor.* Recruiting more people is a big emphasis in sales.

If you want a high quality Large Breed Puppy food, find a PetsMart, Petco, etc. that sells ProPlan and get a LBP food of that brand.* (Or maybe LBP food from Eukanuba or Nutro Natural Choice.)

If you want a high quality food at a lower price, locate a animal feed store that sells Diamond Naturals and buy their LB food.* (Diamond does no advertising; they depend on word of mouth for sales.)

If you want a high quality food at an even lower price (and do not mind paying the annual $50 dues at COSTCO), get their Kirkland (house brand) puppy food.* It's made by the same company that makes Diamond and its formula is very similar to Diamond Naturals
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748