Miss Fattie is looking good!

Thread: Miss Fattie is looking good!

DefaultMiss Fattie is looking good!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, but I've been Lab lover/owner for 15 years. We currently have 3 female Labs, all of which were rescue dogs. Our newest arrival is Sadie (3 yrs old)..we've had her for only 2 months.

Sadie arrived to our digs in morbidly obese condition. I took her from a rural shelter on a foster-basis, but we've since decided that she's staying put with us. We immediately put Sadie on the same diet/exercise regimen that the other two Labs enjoy. Twice a day, Sadie gets a meal comprised of 1C ProPlan adult, and 2T of a home-made concoction (organic brown rice simmered with venison). Plus, I toss in a salmon oil supplement and Glucosomine. The home-made stuff is just a treat...when my husband is processing his elk each year, instead of tossing the "scrap" meat, we freeze it. Every few weeks we wip up a batch of the "concoction" for the dogs. I used to mix a few spoonfulls of canned dogfood into their kibble, but the "concoction" seems lots healthier to me.

Sadie is getting a ton of exercise...lots of hikes in the mtns and daily, high-energy games of frisbee and tennis ball fetch. Her initial weight at the vet 8 weeks ago was 78 lbs; today she weighed in at 68 lbs. We have 8 lbs to go and Sadie is looking good and obviously feeling sassy!

I love all 3 of my girls, and watching Sadie blossom in her new home has been a true joy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Miss Fattie is looking good!

Welcome to the forum.*

Congrats on getting the weight off her. It sounds like she has a great life with you!

Good job getting the weight off her I'm sure she appreciates it

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! How great of you to take care of her this way. She'll thank you eventually, even if she feels deprived now. ("I look great! Why are you starving me?" )

WOW! What time do we eat at your house!!! Venison and Rice...Elk Scraps...I'm There!!!

Great Job rescuing! It's too bad there's too many people out there that don't appreciate their animals!
    Overweight is obviously better than starved, but still neglect! Escpecially obese!

I'm sure she will be bouncing back to great condition quickly with the superior care you're giving her!

[attachment deleted by admin]