Two weeks on new food and no signs of ear scratching!!!!!

Thread: Two weeks on new food and no signs of ear scratching!!!!!

DefaultTwo weeks on new food and no signs of ear scratching!!!!!

Two weeks now! two. Complete accident and had to do a U turn in the middle of Michigan avenue, but I found a dog food I had never seen or heard of before. We tried Lya on Wilderness Blend by Merrick and my husband thinks that she is acctually doing better than when I was doing the home cooking. Cost no more that the other top level brands and last week the had a special if you purchased 30 pound they gave you a case of wet food for free.

I think this might make up for me praying for an early cold winter.

Morgan with Lya the not so itchy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Two weeks on new food and no signs of ear scratching!!!!!

Ohhh, I'm so happy to hear this. Did you happen to compare the ingredients in the Merrick vs. the others you've tried to attempt to narrow down the allergen? I did this with some that caused GI issues in Sami, and discovered barley as the common link. Although it's not proof, it was sort of interesting.

Well there is no corn, no soy, no beef and no lamb to start. I was a little frightened as there is a little egg listed, but so far so good.

I have some ideas as we have tried all the hyperallergenic food from the vets.

The vet thinks that maybe the production lines for the H/d Z/d and other stuff may have been cross contaminated with things she is allergic to such as lamb, corn, wheat etc due to production methods. (this would really suck as lots of folks are paying big money for it).

The new food also stressed their preservatives...now this should not make it much different from say Eagle Pack or many of the other good dog foods but it might be different form the IVD vet supply foods.

They also put in extra doses of salmon oil and flaxseed oil and once again I am wondering if labs have a little extra need with regard to oils.

Cross fingers,

Morgan with Lya

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

God I hope this works for you - know how hard allergies are! GOOD LUCK!