Just Labradors banner

Peanut Butter

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Bob Pr. 
#1 ·
What's the scoop on peanut butter? Is it good for dog's in small quantities. We have always used in in our dog's Kong toys and they seem to love it! Thanks for the feed back! Coopersdad

#6 ·
Brigettas Mom said:
I use the reduced fat peanut butter just to seal the ends of the kong.
I don't use the reduced fat version of anything, if you look at the calories they are pretty much the same as the regular stuff and there is less "fillers".

#11 ·
I prefer the cream cheese for giving pills and used it and recommended it for several years. (I especially liked the whipped variety of Kraft's Philadelphia brand). Comes up easily on the pill, not many kcals, great acceptance.

BUT after deciding that Puff was lactose intolerant and that her frequent (5X?/week) half a cup of soft serve ice cream from visits to Sam's Clubs were probably culprits in having soft poops, I eliminated them. Then -- because the cream cheese is a dairy product -- also eliminated using that for her nightly pills (G&C and Fish Oil).

VOILA!! Much firmer poops.

What I do now is fill up an empty washed cream cheese container with PB and put it in the fridge to get a little firmer with the cold. It's MUCH easier for me to load the pills from a cream cheese type container than from a PB jar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.