Nutro Natural Choice

Thread: Nutro Natural Choice

DefaultNutro Natural Choice

Just posting a list of ingredients. I was doing some online shopping to see what to get Marley when she reaches adulthood and so far this one seems the best! What do you think of the ingredients? Also keep in mind im on a pretty tight budget and limited to Petco/petsmart so im just looking for the best food for my companion. What do you think?

Lamb Meal, Ground Rice, Rice Flour, Rice Bran, Rice Gluten, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Natural Flavors, Dried Beet Pulp, Soybean Oil, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Potassium Chloride, Dried Egg Product, Dried Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Chondroitin Sulfate, Niacin, Calcium Iodate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Garlic, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Nutro Natural Choice

Not a fan of the rice flour, rice gluten and rice bran. All are fillers and the gluten tends to have some allergy problems. Check out http://www.diamondpet.com/products/d...dogs/dry_food/ These are some really good foods and some the inexpensive you'll find. I am paying about $13 for a 20 lb bag of the large breed puppy food. There is a retail locator on the website. Compare the ingredients.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Nutro is ok but there is better out there.

I browsed the Petco website and the food I liked the look of the most was Natural Balance:

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Potato & Duck Formula for Dogs

Potatoes, duck, duck meal, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), potato fiber, dl-methionine, l-lysine, sodium chloride, salmon oil, flaxseed oil, rosemary extract, natural flavor, yucca schidigera extract, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra Premium Dog Food

Chicken, Brown Rice, Duck, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Pearled Barley, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols-a source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid, and Rosemary Extract), Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil, Brewers Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Dried Kelp, Sodium Chloride, Parsley Flakes, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplements, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Lysine, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Inositol, Folic Acid (Vitamin B, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), D-Activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Biotin, Ethylene Diamine Dihydriodide (source of Iodine), Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin K Supplement, Sodium Selenite.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Fish Formula for Dogs

Sweet potatoes, salmon, salmon meal, menhaden fish meal, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), sweet potato fiber, dl-methionine, l-lysine, sodium chloride, salmon oil, flaxseed oil, rosemary extract, natural flavor, yucca schidigera extract, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin K supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid.

According to the website Petco also sell Eagle Pack which I know a lot of people on here use. Failing those two, I would go ProPlan and finally Nutro.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Our dogs do well on that Nutro and it's good for our budget too. Not a huge fan of the soybean oil in it, but ours don't have grain allergies, so we continue to feed it.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I'll second what Jen said.

It fits our budget and it's a decent food. Both my girls eat it and neither one has probems.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Im not a big fan of Nutro. One of my dogs has horrible allergies to pultry products and they do not make a food without dried egg product in it. They did ok on it until i figured out her issues with the poultry, but i would really try something else. Both my dogs has massive quantities of stools while they were on that food. When I switched them to something else, the amounts got smaller and less frequent. I would try Nature's Recipe, Solid Gold, Purina One, or maybe Wysong

I had to switch to NutroMax for this bag of food.Both of my dogs started getting a rash on the under belly and the vet suggested I try something else.I was using Purina one for them.If all works out well with Nutro,I may stick with it.I have noticed Shadow does not eat his food in 30 seconds,he actually chews this stuff.

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

Elias has been on Natural Balance for a while now. He was on the Ultra premium for a while. He was getting yeast infections in his ears that we thought were because of all the swimming he does. In case they were allergy related we switched him to the duck and potato. He likes both kinds.