Rabies & Other Vaccines

Thread: Rabies & Other Vaccines

DefaultRabies & Other Vaccines

I thought I remembered reading a post a while back that mentioned you shouldn't get the Rabies Vaccine done at the same time as other Vaccines....it should be done on it's own. Am I remembering this right?? And if so, why is that?? I ask because Fergus is due for his yearly Vaccines at the end of October & his Rabies is due around mid November. I'm sure if it wouldn't be best my Vet wouldn't do it, but I was just looking for some feedback personally. Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Rabies & Other Vaccines

They recommend splitting them so it doesn't tax the immune system so much. Many dogs get all of their shots all at once and never have any issue so the vet probably doesn't care one way or the other if you want them all at once or if you want to pay for 2 office visits and split them up. It's a personal choice.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I had mine split up into two separate shots 1 month apart. I told my vet what I wanted to do and she was kind enough to not charge me a second vet visit when I returned. Maybe yours will be nice, too! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMyGirl
    I had mine split up into two separate shots 1 month apart. I told my vet what I wanted to do and she was kind enough to not charge me a second vet visit when I returned. Maybe yours will be nice, too! ;D
    Last year they were spilt up by about a month. He was just a puppy at the time and had his last set of shots done at 15 weeks and our Vet said they need to be 4 months old to have the Rabies Vaccine so he was a few weeks shy of that.* I was just wondering if we could just get everything done at once this year.* I haven't even asked our Vet about it yet, I just wanted to make sure I had all the facts first...I'm really comfortable with our Vet and know he wouldn't do anything that would harm Fergus, so I'm sure what ever he suggests will be ok.*