think I will have to try the nutro next
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: think I will have to try the nutro next

chocolabmum Guest

Defaultthink I will have to try the nutro next

We tried the fish diet on our lab and she smelled like a fish and she didn't like it.

Now, I think I have a fussy eater believe or not with a lab.

We bought the Eagle pack fish diet. The first couple of days, she was ok with the switch but now with 100% she doesn't like it.

So, I guess I will have to try the chicken, rice and oat by nutro. I want to keep the lamb as a last option if possible.

The nutro chicken one sounds very bland so maybe she will like it as it doesn't have any fish in it at all. Do I have to add the omega 3 fats to it since it doesn't have the fish or the flax in it at all?

Does your lab get fussy with food? like mine??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: think I will have to try the nutro next

Quote Originally Posted by chocolabmum
    Does your lab get fussy with food? like mine??
    In a word ... No. Sami will eat anything and everything at her disposal.

Sorry you are having such a difficult time.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Do I have to add the omega 3 fats to it since it doesn't have the fish or the flax in it at all?
    You can do if you feel it is necessary but you don't have to with a "complete" food.

Fussy eaters can be a pain. My fussy boy Trick (not a Lab but a Shepherd/Collie mix) can be picky with his food. He seems to really like the lamb based food my dogs are currently on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

chocolabmum Guest

Trickstar - What lamb food are you labs on ?

They showed me some lamb brands to consider later if needed. They were Pro Plan lamb and rice diet, nutro lamb and rice diet, wellness lamb, eagle pack lamb diet and then also there was another flavour in the pro plan, turkey and barley.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

chocolabmum, I am in the UK so the food I feed is not available in the US. That said I noticed the spelling on your screen name was "mum" rather then "mom" so I guess you are not from the US??

I have heard Wellness and Eagle Pack are good foods (better then Nutro and ProPlan?) but you are better off asking someone who uses them what their experiences are with these brands.

I would give the Diamond Naturals line of foods a look. They have a beef and rice, lamb and rice, chicken and rice. Both of my dogs eat it real well.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Stop switching foods, and you will soon cure the fussy eater. Put the food down, if the dog doesn't eat in 15-30 minutes, pick it up and save for the next meal. The MORE you give in to the fussiness, the worse time YOU are going to have. Even if the dog doesn't eat for one whole day, it won't die.

chocolabmum Guest

We have stuck it out and she is eating most of it now. THanks.

Shadow will eat anything that won't eat him first.He isn't to picky atleast I haven't found anything he won't eat in 2 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Shadow will eat anything that won't eat him first.He isn't to picky atleast I haven't found anything he won't eat in 2 secs.
    LOL, same here... Not picky at all... He will eat everything you put in front of Toshiro... The only thing he hates is nail polish varnish...(just kidding)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast