I noticed on another post the link of Labby's website and pictures of a normal female vulva and an innie. Mocha's never had a problem with bladder infections or anything and the vet has not mentioned anything about it but I think sh'es an innie. She's over 2 yo now and she was spayed at 14 months after her first heat. Is there anything I should be concerned about other than possible UTI's. I can't find any pictures of her down when I get the camera out she always sits pretty or lays down...
Usually they say waiting until after the 1st heat corrects it (which is why we are waiting) but my vet did tell me that it doesn't always cause the vulva to "pop out". Perhaps that is what happened to Mocha. I think there is a surgical "intervention" they can do, too ... but don't know anything more than that. ;D
Sami has only had one UTI - at 5 months of age - and I give her one cranberry pill a day as a preventative.
I can't say that Mocha's had any trouble really she cleans herself but not to a point that I worry about it at all. I guess main thing is to watch for excessive licking or peeing in case of a UTI. I don't think surgery is necessary if it's not causing a problem. Maybe I'll try to get a picture of it to compare to others who have been diagnosed by a vet. Actually she needs her KC vaccine next week maybe I"ll say something to the vet then.
Honestly, if your dog doesn't seem prone to UTI's or bladder infections, whether she has an innie or not is kind of a moot point. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Usually it comes up when a young pup is chronically sick with constant UTI's and it's noticed that she has an innie, then it's usually best to try to wait through a heat to see if it pops out and cures the problem.
If Mocha has been healthy all this time, I wouldn't give it another thought! ;D
Sammi also appears to have an innie, she did have one bout of vaginitis/uti. So even though it was not planned to let her go through her first heat cycle, she went into it early and turns out that might of been the best for her- now we will wait until she is close to mid cycle and get her spayed. the infection was when she was about 4 month's old and has had no trouble since-- we're hoping this has cured the problem-