Another Poop Question....

Thread: Another Poop Question....

DefaultAnother Poop Question....

Before I go rushing Lexie into the vet again unnecessarily:* How long does diarrea usually last?* Sunday she had* A LOT of extra treats at my MIL's party.* Other than that, she hasn't had anything wierd to eat.* And she has never really had a problem like this so far this year.* (She is only 1.)* Late Monday night it started, and now I have been cleaning poop for what feels like forever!* Lexie is unable to hold it in her crate during the day so she had it all smooshed into the crate tray, all over her chew toy, and worse all over her, and tracked through the house from her crate to get her outside.* ICK!* Several hours later of cleaning, she started in again.* She isn't even going to the door at all either, she just turns a quick circle and goes wherever she is standing.* I also had to get up at 4 o'clock* in the morning and again she didn't make it outside, since I was only awakened by the awful smell, and she didn't even try to wake me up.* *I am wondering if this will stop soon on its own, or how long should I wait before I should be concerned??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Another Poop Question....

So it has basically been a full 24 hrs of this? How about this morning, any "solidity" beginning?
    What kind of "treats" did she have at the party?
    I would contact you vet, but we have been thru similiar situations, (just not in the house!) Old Cheyenne used to have similar problems, especially after drastic diet changes, i.e. partys with too many treats, and would usually last about a day. But I would check with the vet if it's not clearing up this morning!

Well because your pretty sure of the source I would make her fast for 24 hours, water only and then start her ona bland diet of boiled hamburger or chicken and rice for a day or two. Then gradually over the next five days slowly introduce her regular food and lessen the bland diet. If you try and reintroduce her to the regular food immediately you might have the same problem all over again.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I agree with Oonas Dad...24 hour fast and a bland diet for a day or two. If that doesn't work, you will need to take her to the vets.

Yea, I think I reintroduced food too soon, she just left me a gift in the kitchen.* (I have gated her in there since she pooped on the carpet the other day.)* We will be going to the vet tomorrow since it has been way too long now.* Here it is some 72 hours or whatever.* I did skip her meals on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.* So she ate Tuesday morning and that was the day she messed in her crate.* Then she ate only a half portion on Wednesday evening and we didn't have any trouble until again just now.* Geez this is so gross and annoying....I hope that isn't too mean to say since she is sick, but she could at least go towards the door a little bit.* I feel like the whole house smells like doggie diarrea!!* (Thanks for reading my vent.)

I'm sure we've all been there!!! So hard to get mad at them if they're sick!!!!
    Good Luck with the Vet, hopefully something simple!!!