Sore mouth (teething?)

Thread: Sore mouth (teething?)

DefaultSore mouth (teething?)

I have a 3 month old. Very active and biting and chewing. Came home after work today, no grabbing toys, treats or bitting or chewing. She did eat though and* did lick. Was almost too calm. When she grabbed toys she ignored them and cried on one. Also when I touched her mouth she cried.* All looked ok but could it be the begining of teething. I thought is started later. She was in the crate for a while but not longer then usual. She has done great in the crate.

I had to put down my 11 1/2 year old Lab "Tanner" in Aug so I'm still a little paronoid.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sore mouth (teething?)

First I'm sorry for your loss. 11 1/2 years for a Lab is a successful life, I'm sure you gave Tanner a great life.
    Your puppy's new teeth could be coming in. Take a couple of old dish towels tie each individually in knots and get them soaking wet. Throw them in the freezer and give them to your pup. The cold will soothe her gums and take away a little of the pain.
    Olie

Thanks. I think now after talking to some people it may me an ear infection. When petting her she pulls away. Touching her in the ears and head seems to hurt. Maybe why chewing her toys bothers her. She was in the water 5 days ago so may have got infected. I thought I cleaned them out enough. I remember as a kid how bad swimmers ear hurt. I made a vet appointment.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Smell them. If they smell like bread (yeast) she probably has an infection.
    Olie