Help Please- Blister on paws? very painful to touch

Thread: Help Please- Blister on paws? very painful to touch

DefaultHelp Please- Blister on paws? very painful to touch

I dont know what this could possibly be, we were cuddling on the couch watching TV when i noticed his paw pads were red on one foot, upon further inspection its bright red in between two of the "toes" and he has this white puss filled blistery lookign thing in there, he flinches when i touch the paw at all, i tried to put some antiich stuff on with a qtip but he didnt really hold still long enough. His other front paw, in the same area is all red but no blister in there. I took some pics but its sortof hard to see, Does anyone know what this can be or what i can do to help my poor baby?

:'( :'( :'( :'

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Help Please- Blister on paws? very painful to touch

I would make sure it was cleaned well, dry then use any topical ointments from the vet's office. Do you have any? And maybe try to sock it to keep it from being licked.The white stuff is signs of an infection so any panalog or ointment...or if you dont have that, some neosporin would do.
    Has he been anywhere unusal? Or took a hard somewhere? Poor Sammy, I hope he feels better. I would take mine to the vet in the morning, even if it looks a lot better, because if it is an infection, andnot just irritation from somewhere, he probably needs anti biotics.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Looks like an interdigital cyst. Does your dog have allergies? The two often go hand in hand.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for responding! I dont know if he has allergies, the vets havent diagnosed him with them but he does do lots of things consistent with allergies (licking alot, etc). I cleaned it off with Burrows solution (from the vet) then i put neosporin on it until we were ready for bed. I put the sock on him but I didnt tape it on, just a long sock up to his elbows! But he got that off by the time I woke up in the middle of the nigth it was on the floor. It looks a lot better today but Im still going to call the vet because Im concerned it could be an infection. Thanks everyone so much!
    Chris