fur around eye.....

Thread: fur around eye.....

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

Defaultfur around eye.....

i've noticed ginger has fur around her eye missing (pic below). is that normal or should she see the vet? oh and i find that there is less fur on her left eye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mosmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: fur around eye.....

Does she have allergies? Has she been rubbing her face up against furniture or anything?

Mo has allergies and his fur is very thin around his left eye, but he rubs his face along side of the bed, couch, etc. He's basically rubbed the fur right off :
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

i dont think she has any allergies. but the weather has been changing (from cool to hot) around here and i noticed that she's been sneezing. so maybe its just something in the air?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SandieF Guest

I had a Springer that had the same thing (his looked much worse tho). I took him to the Vet and she told me he has some kind of mites. She gave my eye drops and he was put on steriods for a short time. The steriods were a bust. They make them very thirsty so he was drinking piles of water, then peeing on the floor! If you are concerned about it, I would think a trip to the Vet is in order.