last question about heat cycle- I promise

Thread: last question about heat cycle- I promise

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Defaultlast question about heat cycle- I promise

Seem's like Sammi has completed the bleeding, discharge phase of her cycle. Just wanted to know, and I'm sure someone told me already, but I can't seem to find the thread. How long until you can really conceder her safe to be out and about? How long should we wait until we get her spayed. Vet thought she should be fine mid Oct., but I thought it might even be longer. Also vulva has significantly decreased in size, but is still somewhat swollen, how long does that last? Sorry about all the question's. Just want to be careful with the princess

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: last question about heat cycle- I promise

I would wait about 3 months before I had her spayed. Try to do it in mid-cycle. She will prolly be somewhat swollen for about 2-3 weeks but it will not go back to a small as she was before. Before taking her out it public it would also be a good idea to bathe her to get rid of that smell...you may not smell it but other dogs can.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: last question about heat cycle- I promise

Thank's for the info., hadn't thought of the bath to get rid of the smell. Sammi will be getting one tomorrow ;D- Thank's again!!