Nutro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutro

DefaultNutro

Hi Everyone,

Abbey and Jett are now just over 10 months old, they weigh 85 and 87 pounds, I was told to switch to adult food. I've been feeding them Science Diet LB lamb and rice puppy food, and when I tried to give them the adult SD LB lamb and rice food they didn't like it.
    Just wondering if anyone has used Nutro and what your thoughts are.... all of the ingredients are natural and the glucosimine and chondrotin is included in the adult formula.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Nutro

Hello

My Dakota did AWFUL on Nutro.. She was only on it for a short time.. The reason for the switch was because the kibble my breeder recommended was not available in my area.. But after more research I was able to find it and ended up driving 60 miles to get it.. Since then if I make a kibble change, I like to give premium kibble.. I tend to stay way from foods sold in petco/petsmart/and grocery stores..

But every dog is different.. What works for one dog, might not work for mine..

labby is offline Senior Member

I am not a Nutro fan. Some dogs do well on it, and mine did too for years. Then they started messing around with the quality and I quit feeding it. Their quality has really gone to pot over the years IMO. I no longer recommend it.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I fed two of mine on it for years. They did well on it. I only switched to what I am feeding now out of pure convenience -I had 4 dogs on 3 different foods. Having them all on the same brand makes it easier.

Nutro is not the best food but it is certainly not the worst. I do, however, feel it is much better then Science Diet. I am not a S/D fan --it has far too many crappy fillers and "junk" ingredients for my liking. IMO, if you want to switch, do it. Just bear in mind that there is better on the market if you are willing to do some research.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

We feed Nutro and are very happy with it.

The dogs are on the Chicken, Rice and Oatmeal formula right now.

I have fed Nemo Nutro Large Breed for almost 2 years now, and he has done very well with it.

Thanks for the info.

Living on an island in Alaska, we don't have too many options. We have a small pet store that carries SD and Nutro, the animal hospital carries SD and then there are the grocery store brands. We considered having other brands shipped to us but the shipping costs are ridiculous!

In reading the label on the Nutro bag and hearing from you guys we'll make the switch. One more thing, the chicken, rice, oatmeal is probably the most natural food, but the adult LB has the G&C, which is best for younger dogs?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

In reading the label on the Nutro bag and hearing from you guys we'll make the switch. One more thing, the chicken, rice, oatmeal is probably the most natural food, but the adult LB has the G&C, which is best for younger dogs?
    Most dog foods don't contain enough glucosimine and chondrotin for it to actually make a difference. If you want to supplement with G/C, do it separately. Quite a few people on here supplement with it and I am sure they can offer you some recommendations if needed.

Out of the two formulas the natural one sounds better.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

My old girl with a sensitive stomach has done very well on nutro - actually, it's the only kibble she's been able to tolerate long term. Both my adult dogs are on the Chicken/oatmeal formula too, and the puppy is on the puppy lamb formula, and doing well (she had a rocky start with a bad bout of coccidia and parasites at 4 - 7 weeks old, but has small firm stool on the nutro. Tried her on the Fromm (had a free bag)but that was much too rich for her.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

We supplement our own G&C because foods just don't have enough added in, so I disregard it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast