What CAN she eat?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What CAN she eat?

DefaultWhat CAN she eat?

Chloe is allergic to wheat, corn, and soy. They makes her ears act up. We are having a hard time finding treats she can have. She has the Wellness biscuits and some yogurt drop treat. Any homemade cookie recipes for allergy prone dogs. Most seem to call for flour and such.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!

~Elizabeth

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What CAN she eat?

My dogs don't tolerate those ingredients very well either and I prefer not to feed anything with them in anyway. Usually foods with wheat, corn and soy in are not the best of quality. For this reason, I use people food as treats. I use meat, plain and simple. Diced up into small cubes. Chicken, lamb, steak trimmings, duck, pheasant, pork, etc., are all excellent. You can use whatever meat you can get your hands on...a lot of my dogs treats are just leftovers from our meals.

Oona is allergic to Wheat Corn and I think dairy. I feed her Natures Recipe Lamb Rice and Barley. When we go out I have a pocket of her food with me and give it to her a kibble at a time. This works well because I don't have to worry about all of the extras, and I can keep track of the amout I give her better. Dogs don't have a concept of size or portion they just know they are getting something, so if you think about it from this point of view its better because they are getting something more often.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Have you tried California Natural Health Bars? Here is the ingredient list: Lamb Meal, Ground White Rice, Oatmeal/Rolled Oats, Flaxseed Meal, Lamb Fat,
    Vitamins/Minerals

To find them in your area, you can search here: http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=stores-tab

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Innova EVO also comes in treat form - nopthing you listed is in them.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

We get these chicken tender jerkies...100% dried chicken...nothing else...

Dani is offline Senior Member

Evo here too.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Make your own --

Dehydrate some banana or peach or apricot or apple slices. Or use some fresh. For instance, I sometimes take along a fresh banana and bite off a slice with my teeth and give it to Puff as a treat. The same with an apple. (If grapes and raisins weren't toxic to dogs, they whould make convenient treats.)

Slice some thin (dime or nickle size) slices of hot dog, sprinkle a little garlic powder on them and nuke them just long enough to set the GP and cook them a bit.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

The dried fruit is a great idea Bob,especially when I need a jackpot treat. You were the one that gave me the idea of giving Oona just her kibble instead of dog biscuts.
    Olie

Thank You for ALL the tips. We will definetly be checking into them this weekend when we go to the store.

~Elizabeth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast