Runny Eye

Thread: Runny Eye

DefaultRunny Eye

Hello Everyone.* I am hoping someone can advise me on this issue.* I rescued Sam almost 4 years ago and when I did he had demodedic mange (the kind easily cured by a salve) in his left eye.* Anyway, the eye cured very quickly and has been fine since.* Now when he first wakes up in the morning I have to clean both eyes, but I think first morning eye goo is common, right?* The issue here is I've noticed lately that the left eye is very runny all day long.*

Is there a home remedy for this?* My gut feeling is to take him to the vet, but I just started a new job and money is very tight.* I want to get a handle on it and just thought I'd ask here before a trip to the vet.

Any comments will be much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Laura

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Runny Eye

Can't help w/ home remedy. We had this same issue back in June. I did take Sami to the vet and it was about $90. They ended up having to do corneal staining to make sure that it wasn't a scratch in the cornea. It was not -- just conjunctivitis -- but it required a prescription medicine.

DefaultRe: Runny Eye -- Solved! wanted to share how....

Thank you 'that's my girl' for the response!

I looked it up in the Dog Owners Veterinary Handbook and the symptoms fit mild conjuntivitis. They recommended flushing the eye with saline solution and if it didn't correct to go to the vet. So -- I flushed the eye yesterday afternoon and it stopped tearing almost immediately. This morning he woke up with a totally dry eye! So glad! Just wanted to share the info in case it can help anyone with the same problem.

Thanks!
    Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Runny Eye -- Solved! wanted to share how....

Quote Originally Posted by SamandLaura
    Thank you 'that's my girl' for the response!

I looked it up in the Dog Owners Veterinary Handbook and the symptoms fit mild conjuntivitis. They recommended flushing the eye with saline solution and if it didn't correct to go to the vet.* So -- I flushed the eye yesterday afternoon and it stopped tearing almost immediately.* This morning he woke up with a totally dry eye! So glad!* Just wanted to share the info in case it can help anyone with the same problem.*

Thanks!
    Laura
    I'm glad that worked for you. I tried the same thing w/ Sami but it didn't clear hers up. Glad it saved you a vet visit. I never seem to get that lucky. :-\