Potty Picky!

Thread: Potty Picky!

DefaultPotty Picky!

Howdy all!

Levi is almost a year old and is extremely picky about where he goes to the bathroom.

I'll take him outside and pee a little, but when it comes to #2, he just prances around. I know he has to go because he's doing what i call his 'potty dance' and you can see he's holding it in. Then he comes back to me and just sits. Now, he'll go if I leave him out there long enough, but because I live on a major highway, I need to be out there walking him. Basically what happens is that I take him outside, he wont go, and I have to go take him inside because I have to go to work. I love my lab but theres no way I can wait 45 minutes for him to go each morning/lunch break.

I walk him outside of my house in 2 generally large areas. He has had no drastic diet changes. No changes in the yard he goes in. No other health p roblems. This has been going on for about 5 months now.

Any suggestions? Reasons why he would be like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Potty Picky!

Some dogs are just like that I'm afraid.

Just to clarify, are you walking him in your yard on leash or off your property on leash?

Can you take him for a quick walk around the block to let him potty before work?

I walk him on my property with a leash. We have about an acre and a half and we walk pretty much all of it except the back yard (play area).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

hmm Buck can be like that sometimes. Usually a quick brisk walk makes him poop. Or if there is no time for a walk a quick session of chase me or just fetching brings the goodies out on time :P
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Have you tried taking him off your property for a walk? some dogs are hesitant to poop in their own territory. Annoying I know, especially as you have a nice amount of land, but you may find he does his business much quicker and it saves you time.