switched from Innova Evo to California Natural Chicken and rice...

Thread: switched from Innova Evo to California Natural Chicken and rice...

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Defaultswitched from Innova Evo to California Natural Chicken and rice...

I noticed in recent weeks Lucy's ears are red and inflamed and she hasn't been swimming...could it be the food?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

swimmer is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: switched from Innova Evo to California Natural Chicken and rice...

When we got Perris at age 2.5 years she was on the same california chicken food.

She also had an insanely raging ear infection and was licking her paws to the point of rawness.

We jumped on the food roller coaster (and got her on meds) and tried 3 other foods. She is currently on Kirkland Lamb and Rice. The last few days she hasn't been interested much in her food (!) and I'm thinking I might go back to Solid Gold Hund 'n flocken which she LOVES.

CN is a pretty limited food; used a lot for allergies; unless she has a problem with chicken. Could be environmental changes in the weather. My allergies are kicking in bigtime these days.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

Why did you switch her from EVO? I am contemplating it too..but I don't want to go back to gunky ears and stuff...but Rider's slowing down a little and I don't think he needs all of that protein.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Quote Originally Posted by zoezoe
    CN is a pretty limited food; used a lot for allergies; unless she has a problem with chicken. Could be environmental changes in the weather. My allergies are kicking in bigtime these days.
    That was my thought as well (environemental allergies). Ragweed is really cranking out this time of year. Both foods have chicken, so I would think if that was the problem, she'd have gunky ears on EVO as well.

It could just be coincidence that the pollen got bad enough right about the same time you changed foods. I don't think CN has anything in it that EVO does not, but who knows, it could be something in the food.

One thing I've noticed is that it seems like around March and September people suddenly start noticing "food" allergies...right around the time plants, weeds, and/or trees start pumping out pollen. You could always try switching foods, but I honestly don't know what is more limited than California Natural. But if you do switch, and the symptoms improve, it's probably a good guess that it was the CN.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Dani, the only reason I switched, because I REALLY like EVO ,is that she gained a bit on it even though I consider her very active...I was concerned about her weight so I switched. She took off the extra 5 lbs(I like to keep her thin) she had on her as soon as I switched. I am thinking of going back to EVO...small poops, clear ears, no itchies...no stinky farts(which she has on CN)
    I will ride out allergy season and see what happens...thanks guys for your input.