Chicken & Rice Diet (Homemade) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicken & Rice Diet (Homemade)

DefaultRe: Chicken & Rice Diet (Homemade)

We just got our pup last week and he is on a dry natural baked puppy food.* However!* We also have a pug, and mixed breed who have been on our homade food for 4 years along with a vitamin supplement.* Here is our recipe!* We use brown rice, pearl barley, no salt mixed veggies, chicken, or ground turkey, and Missing Link Plus vitamin supplement.* We boil our chicken then de-bone it and cut it up. Please make sure you get all the bones!!! We usually use breast but every once in a while they get dark meat. If you can use the boneless breast it just makes everything easier. Then we boil the rice and barley in the chicken broth for flavor. About five minutes before the rice and barley are done we add the no salt veggies* We then mix everything together with a little minced garlic you get in the jar or you can use powder.* It's not bad.* Yes I've tried it!* Then when we feed them you sprinkle the Missing Link Plus on it.* This vitamin is excellent!* It even has Glucosemine in it for healthy joints. We usually make a big batch and froze half of it.* Just make sure you don't keep to much thawed out.* It can spoil but you can tell by the smell.* If you have any questions please feel free to contact me!!!!!!* Later!* *Coopersdad

P.S.
    Here are the ingredients for the Missing Link Plus
    flax seed
    glucosamine sulfate
    blackstrap molasses
    freeze dried liver
    rice bran
    primary dried yeast
    sunflower seed
    dehydrated alfalfa
    dried carrot
    freeze dried bone
    dried fish meal
    freeze dried oyster
    sprouted green barley
    dried kelp
    lecithin
    garlic and yucca schidigera extract

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coopersdad
    We just got our pup last week and he is on a dry natural baked puppy food. However! We also have a pug, and mixed breed who have been on our homade food for 4 years along with a vitamin supplement. Here is our recipe! We use brown rice, pearl barley, no salt mixed veggies, chicken, or ground turkey, and Missing Link Plus vitamin supplement. We boil our chicken then de-bone it and cut it up. Please make sure you get all the bones!!! We usually use breast but every once in a while they get dark meat. If you can use the boneless breast it just makes everything easier. Then we boil the rice and barley in the chicken broth for flavor. About five minutes before the rice and barley are done we add the no salt veggies We then mix everything together with a little minced garlic you get in the jar or you can use powder. It's not bad. Yes I've tried it! Then when we feed them you sprinkle the Missing Link Plus on it. This vitamin is excellent! It even has Glucosemine in it for healthy joints. We usually make a big batch and froze half of it. Just make sure you don't keep to much thawed out. It can spoil but you can tell by the smell. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me!!!!!! Later! Coopersdad

Can you tell me the name of the dry baked food your pup is on? I have been looking for a baked food and have been having a hard time finding one. Thanks
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Labs4me: We picked up the baked puppy food at Petsmart. It's called "Authority Harvest Baked Chicken Flavor" They also have it for older dogs. Let me know if this helps!!! Coopersdad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12