Shedding!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shedding!

DefaultShedding!

Hank sheds constantly!! I used to have cats and the vet told me that shedding was a sign of poor nutrition but there is really no way that Hank is malnutritioned. I was just wondering if shedding is normal.. I mean I live in south Texas and Hank is an inside dog so I guess that could be part of the problem but I just hate all the hair! I bathe him at least once a week and brush him often but the hair just keeps coming. He still has a very full coat of hair so he is not losing too much I guess but it just seems that we could give at least one hairless dog per week a wig with all of the hair he loses. It is everywhere! If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. Thank you ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Shedding!

Laura

That cartoon is so true!! My boyfriend will get a kick out of that! I haveseen the cartoons like Garfield about cat hair but labs are just as bad. I'm glad someone finally made a cute cartoon about them!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I have had fur, fur and more fur here that I've ever seen before. This summer was an extreme one as far as humidity went, and the dogs seem to never stop with the shedding. And yes, if he is outside most of the time, the shedding will be even worse. Brush, brush, brush and come back tomorrow and brush some more!! HA!

chuckbearob is offline Member

Yes, our chuckle (4 months and a bit old) has also started shedding. We live in singapore which is tropical all year round but I heard that Labs shed most during the autumn months. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
    P.S. our first post!

Vivian - mum to Chuckle, Bevan & Robbie

It is so nice to know that we're not in this alone. Not that I would wish this shedding on anyone!!!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

the vet told me that shedding was a sign of poor nutrition but there is really no way that Hank is malnutritioned
    :

As far as I am aware, ALL Labs shed. Some worse than others. Labby's cartoon is very accurate.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Yup. Welcome to Labs. They shed all of the time.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

I guess that most of my labs spent most of their time outside until Hank. My mom was in charge then and now that I'm in charge Hank sleeps in the bed, sits with me on the couch, basically whatever I'm doing he's there. So maybe that's why his shedding seems to be worse than the others that I have had. oh well, I guess I'll just have to learn to leave with the hair on my pillows because I don't think I can sleep without him now!!

Lucky shed like mad for her first few days (she was abandoned) but over the last few days, it has improved. Could be the change in the weather, could be she is less nervous or could just be my husband has got better at doing the hoovering.

Whatever it is, it has improved.

On a more serious note, I have been told that the dried food that has conditioning elements in it is good at reducing the shedding to only a one inch covering per day! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast